Waived: Scott Darling and Valentin Zykov

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
There are two kinds of people on message boards. 1) Those who wouldn't think twice about meeting IRL with people they know from message boards.

and

2) those who would do anything to keep from meeting IRL with people they know from message boards

(I'm probably the latter tbh)

We bought a house from a person we knew from a message board. She actually posted the for sale post on that forum's resident buy&sell board.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I was there. It was Buffalo bros on capital.
Do you remember what we were there to watch?

I'd love to do a stick and puck but I've got three kids under five- I pretty much never leave the house unless work or groceries are involved
Not just the time/presence thing of going to a game, but the money thing.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
They sure are putting a lot of stock in McE. Darling has to go regardless, but I just hope they're keeping perspective on it. He ain't gonna stop 48 shots every night if he's having to carry a starters load.

The value of McE is that he has proven in the real world that a confident, calm goalie can lead this team to a 7-2 record. If the Canes trudged through a failing season with Mrazek and Darling it might still be a question if any goalie could accomplish what McE is doing right now.

Hopefully in the end it means the Canes look hard at bringing in a real starter. Maybe it gives them the confidence to lay out some cash for Bob. Maybe it just gives them a better idea of the type of guy they need. In any case it is advantageous. I doubt their plan is to assume McE can lead the Canes for the next few years.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Maybe if we got Darling a set of pads with Hughes face on them it would make him easier to trade.
012f956c4e09b4da3141781be69e0218_XL.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad