Schnieder signs offer sheet to play in Dallas

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
The Dallas Organization will not make any comments confirming or denying the rumour of the offer term or cash untill any said deal is in place and completed

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
all i can say is may the flea's of a thousand camels infest your anus.

you didnt even try and trade for him before making a stupid contract offer.

what are you going to do with a 4million dollar back up?

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I support the right of anybody to make a legitimate RFA offer. I know these situations can get a bit tense, but Cory Schnieder is not going to be a back up goaltender in this league for very long nor in the NHL. As half of the Jennings trophy, he's due to get a starting job somewhere soon. I think the disappointment comes in the realization that a valuable asset may be lost. In that case, match it!

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
I support the right of anybody to make a legitimate RFA offer. I know these situations can get a bit tense, but Cory Schnieder is not going to be a back up goaltender in this league for very long nor in the NHL. As half of the Jennings trophy, he's due to get a starting job somewhere soon. I think the disappointment comes in the realization that a valuable asset may be lost. In that case, match it!

When you look at it that way it could be a wise investment in a few years

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Ya i dont get the fuss its not like the offer was north of 4mill or even close to a legitmate starter and if i were to say offer 2mill everyone would think im lowballing because a gm would match that no problem im not making his price insane yes its much for a back up but he will have a starting job sooner than later and kipper has a much worse team in the NHL than he has before his age will catch up to him much like it has Martin Brodeur with the a worse team infront of him

Edit: not to mention giving im deciding to go rebuild mode and possibly trade kipper he if the offer isnt matched could be my starter

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
When you look at it that way it could be a wise investment in a few years

Disagree.....
He is going to backup in Vancouver this year as well, meaning that he will not be a starter in our league for at least two years.

When you factor in that we base our ratings on the past three years, it is questionable whether he will be rated as a starter even three years from now.

Meaning, that you are looking at paying a backup $4M for the next two, possibly three years, in order to get 1-2 years of a starter at a bargain price.

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Disagree.....
He is going to backup in Vancouver this year as well, meaning that he will not be a starter in our league for at least two years.

When you factor in that we base our ratings on the past three years, it is questionable whether he will be rated as a starter even three years from now.

Meaning, that you are looking at paying a backup $4M for the next two, possibly three years, in order to get 1-2 years of a starter at a bargain price.

well thats the risk i take but hes 25 and got plenty of upside if the gm doesnt want to take the risk and take my picks thats his call. im willing to gamble given i have no legitmite young goalies in my pool and given kippers age 34 he maybe has till the end of his contract which isnt enough time to slowly develop one and i guaruntee schnieder would land more than a 1st and 3rd in the trade market despite being a back up

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
well thats the risk i take but hes 25 and got plenty of upside if the gm doesnt want to take the risk and take my picks thats his call. im willing to gamble given i have no legitmite young goalies in my pool and given kippers age 34 he maybe has till the end of his contract which isnt enough time to slowly develop one and i guaruntee schnieder would land more than a 1st and 3rd in the trade market despite being a back up

Maybe not for the next year or two now that you've made his salary 4 million per season :laugh:

In all seriousness I definitely see the logic behind the move though, especially for a rebuilding team.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Just for the sake of comparison, I offer up the case of Jimmy Howard. 25 YO goaltender last year that had ONE season of starter minutes and rated out to an 85 OVR. in our current system of goaltender ratings. I disagree that it will take a few years for him to be worth the contract if he gets out from under Luongo after next season.

I am not saying that the risk is sound or that I would have done it, as I obviously didn't do it, but I can see why a desperate team would consider it an option. Considering I just spent $5 million on J-S Giguere in pre-agency, I suppose that makes me look like even more of an idiot.

Brent Burns Beard