GDT: Schlop Schlop Schlop - Oilers at Kongs 8:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
Look at the doggo! He is drinking the water!
drinking-the-water.gif

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Woodcroft had KFC last night so he's on the toilet and out sick.

MacT is filling in behind the bench. Rishaug just tweeted the lineup.

Reasoner-Reasoner-Reasoner

Tarnstrom-Tarnstrom
Tarnstrom-Tarnstrom
Tarnstrom-Petry

Garon is in starters net
Is Toby Peterson out with an injury?

Reactions: PULSATING and Zenos

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
I still remember when he went to Dallas and ran their PP

Or was that Thoresen?

Geez we were bad

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Woodcroft had KFC last night so he's on the toilet and out sick.

MacT is filling in behind the bench. Rishaug just tweeted the lineup.

Tarnstrom-Tarnstrom
Tarnstrom-Tarnstrom
Tarnstrom-Petry

Garon is in starters net
Scrivens had a 59 save shutout vs San Jose. He should get the start.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I know Copley has received some praise this year but his overall numbers dont suggest someone ready to stand up to the Oilers barrage. Korpisalo has been delivering very strong numbers for them. Wonder why they chose Copley for tonight?

I honestly think his completely average numbers just show how good the Kings have been this year. They are a lot higher up if Quick/Peterson never played.

Could say similar things about the Oilers with Campbell but his winning % is pretty good regardless of his bad numbers.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Considering two of the injured have history of plays that looked like they had full intent to injure, I'm not shedding any tears for those two. Too bad for Fiala and Vilardi though.

Be ready. All playoff games will be 8 or 8:30 until the Conference Finals with maybe an exception for one or two weekend games, when the start time being 8 doesn't actually matter.
Luckily I should be working out in BC for most of the playoffs so that extra hour will help ( along with not having to be up at 5 am for my diabetic cat). I feel bad for the east coast Oiler faithful.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Luckily I should be working out in BC for most of the playoffs so that extra hour will help ( along with not having to be up at 5 am for my diabetic cat). I feel bad for the east coast Oiler faithful.

I moved to EST almost four years ago and trying to follow Oilers games is brutal now.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Here’s some insight into face value playoff prices for season ticket holders in the upper bowl. I’m unsure if that is the same when you do the sign up for individual playoff seats though.
View attachment 681510
For reference, the highlighted portions indicative of pricing would be in sections along the goal line and in rows 3-6 on the side we shoot twice.

Well I’m walking in prepared to drop $300 a ticket so looks like I might be ok.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
What;s the deal with Fiala? He going to be back for the playoffs?
Yeah he played against Seattle the other night, but it appears he's been dealing with a knee injury since going knee on knee with Cogliano - which happened like a month ago.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Yeah he played against Seattle the other night, but it appears he's been dealing with a knee injury since going knee on knee with Cogliano - which happened like a month ago.
Ex-Oilers still paying dividends.

This is why your glove are showcased in the HHOF, Cogs!

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I honestly think his completely average numbers just show how good the Kings have been this year. They are a lot higher up if Quick/Peterson never played.

Could say similar things about the Oilers with Campbell but his winning % is pretty good regardless of his bad numbers.
There is solid research backing the value of goal differential as a highly accurate predictor of performance. See for example :

This is mostly consistent with actual results this year as well as most teams are within about 3 slots of their actual placement when comparing goal differential to position in the standings:

LA is one of about 3 or four teams that is a significant outlier in this regard.

Reactions: soothsayer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad