Schedule

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
I'll explain it to both of you.....do what rum did....you have to go back to the merger to get true numbers...go back to the 01-02 season when it became somewhat of a true western conference.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
I'll explain it to both of you.....do what rum did....you have to go back to the merger to get true numbers...go back to the 01-02 season when it became somewhat of a true western conference.

Ahh, but didn't you just say that " yet come june they are sitting there watching the western conference parade around the ice with that silver chalice."

Sounds to me like a case of.......

CJNewman

Feb 1, 2014
I think I might have the solution to a "perfect" schedule that would make everyone happy. No guarantees though. First every team plays their divisional foes 6x each equaling 24 games. Then each team plays their conference foes 4x each equaling 40 games. Now here's where it gets interesting. Each east division plays a home and home with one of the west divisions alternating every year equaling 10 games. That equals 74 out of 76 games. The two remaing can be an extra home and home vs a rival of their choice. It would solve a lot of problems. First it would keep the importance of divisional games. Second it would make playoff races mores interesting considering now teams battle each other for spots without ever playing each other. And finally to most important to most people it would allow fans to see teams from the other conference they'd never normally see.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Great.....another keyboard cowboy who's been here for a year telling me how smart he is and how dumb I am. Makes me wonder why I freaking bother with this site. Funny my team has been in the league since 2001-2002 and I've been a season ticketholder even longer than that, have had MULTIPLE conversations with Dave Andrews about a variety of subjects. To the point where when the guy sees me at events around the country he remarks about how I came from Chicago for this. And yet I have some clown who's team probably isn't going to last another couple of years telling me how dumb I am. Worry less about me and more about saving your team when the novelty wears off ok.
And don't tell me about how Esche this and Esche that and there's a contract because that contract is more useful in your bathroom than it is in this arena....when vancouver decides to leave utica that contract won't mean didley-poo to quote a very funny football coach because they can and will buy themselves out of the "contract" and break it...don't believe it then ask the people in QC and Omaha and others who's teams had contracts that were unbreakable.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
I think I might have the solution to a "perfect" schedule that would make everyone happy. No guarantees though. First every team plays their divisional foes 6x each equaling 24 games. Then each team plays their conference foes 4x each equaling 40 games. Now here's where it gets interesting. Each east division plays a home and home with one of the west divisions alternating every year equaling 10 games. That equals 74 out of 76 games. The two remaing can be an extra home and home vs a rival of their choice. It would solve a lot of problems. First it would keep the importance of divisional games. Second it would make playoff races mores interesting considering now teams battle each other for spots without ever playing each other. And finally to most important to most people it would allow fans to see teams from the other conference they'd never normally see.

NEVER happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In order for that to even be a reasonable thought the owners on the east coast would have to agree to it and that's never going to happen. That would cost more money than they are willing to pony up....believe me it's not a new idea....we've talked about it for years in Chicago.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
NEVER happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In order for that to even be a reasonable thought the owners on the east coast would have to agree to it and that's never going to happen. That would cost more money than they are willing to pony up....believe me it's not a new idea....we've talked about it for years in Chicago.

"Axecrew":

Myself I want see my rivals as many times as I can, those are Hershey, Syracuse, WBS, Rochester, Utica, and Glens Falls, Ect........

No disrespect to the western teams as I am sure they are good teams with a good fan bases....... But I have no desire to see them I want to see Hershey, Syracuse my rivals as much as I can.......

I have been following Hockey here since 1973 so I have a good idea what is going on in the league.....

As for Andrews I remember him when he worked for the Binghamton team when he was starting out...............

CJNewman

Feb 1, 2014
Can we come to a conclusion that the reason that their is no real cross conference play is the fact that neither east or west teams want the added expense of it. Listen I agree their a lot of teams especially in New England that don't want to travel considering that the Atlantic Division only would come to New York or Pennsylvania for home and homes, but you need to accept that the Western Conference teams don't really want it either. Alls I read is how bad the West wants the East, but their afraid to come out West and give up their bus schedule and how tough the west is compared to the east. To that point I remind everyone that the Chicago Wolves almost forfeited a 2nd round playoff game because they couldn't get a flight. Real tough guys huh. In all realness though you need to accept that it is both sides that is preventing this from happening and stop sounding like every enabling parent out there I dealt with coaching who thinks their kids are perfect and when they do something wrong it's the other players or me being mean and just can't accept the truth of the situation.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Can we come to a conclusion that the reason that their is no real cross conference play is the fact that neither east or west teams want the added expense of it. Listen I agree their a lot of teams especially in New England that don't want to travel considering that the Atlantic Division only would come to New York or Pennsylvania for home and homes, but you need to accept that the Western Conference teams don't really want it either. Alls I read is how bad the West wants the East, but their afraid to come out West and give up their bus schedule and how tough the west is compared to the east. To that point I remind everyone that the Chicago Wolves almost forfeited a 2nd round playoff game because they couldn't get a flight. Real tough guys huh. In all realness though you need to accept that it is both sides that is preventing this from happening and stop sounding like every enabling parent out there I dealt with coaching who thinks their kids are perfect and when they do something wrong it's the other players or me being mean and just can't accept the truth of the situation.

So you would rather crash a bus and kill the players?

The Wolves made it to the game and didn't forfeit it did they?

So some teams in both conferences may want to not cross but it has always predominately been the east coast teams that did not want to travel.

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
"Axecrew":

Myself I want see my rivals as many times as I can, those are Hershey, Syracuse, WBS, Rochester, Utica, and Glens Falls, Ect........

No disrespect to the western teams as I am sure they are good teams with a good fan bases....... But I have no desire to see them I want to see Hershey, Syracuse my rivals as much as I can.......

I have been following Hockey here since 1973 so I have a good idea what is going on in the league.....

As for Andrews I remember him when he worked for the Binghamton team when he was starting out...............

10x a year is too much. I don't care what the rivalry is no two teams need to play that much. It gets stale on the NHL level, the AHL level, any level. To play over 50% of a schedule against the same 4 teams is boring. It's not special to play your rivals when you see the same team 5x in two weeks.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
10x a year is too much. I don't care what the rivalry is no two teams need to play that much. It gets stale on the NHL level, the AHL level, any level. To play over 50% of a schedule against the same 4 teams is boring. It's not special to play your rivals when you see the same team 5x in two weeks.
I agree. It would be OK if they were spread out evenly, but that never happens. You see that team you play 12 times a yr 3 times in a month... Gets old watching the same team.....

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com

Absolutely untrue. The AHL would have rescheduled the game. It's standard procedure in the AHL when a team cannot make it to a game site.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is

"Tigervixxxen":

No disrespect I am more than happy to see my rival teams play 10 times a season.......

I enjoy the home and home games always have.................

What is boring to you is fine with me as I want to see my rivals as much as I can...................

WolfKeeper

Aug 14, 2003
outside Chicago
www.wolfkeeper.org
I remember that trip via Twitter. Wolves were doing everything they could to get flights. Ended up splitting up the team over two flights IIRC.

Critisizing a team because they were at the mercy of the weather and civil aviation seems petty.

CJNewman

Feb 1, 2014
I remember that trip via Twitter. Wolves were doing everything they could to get flights. Ended up splitting up the team over two flights IIRC.

Critisizing a team because they were at the mercy of the weather and civil aviation seems petty.

Weather wasn't an issue it was late April/Early May also their other forms of transportation like trains and buses.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Weather wasn't an issue it was late April/Early May also their other forms of transportation like trains and buses.

It absolutely was a weather issue. There were severe thunderstorms in the Chicago area which delayed flights into and out of O'Hare.

Yes, there are other options...like flying half the team into Kitchener, then busing to Toronto. I'm sure a professional organization like Chicago looked into all available options to get to Toronto.

I'm also sure they had the full support of the league and the Marlies.

CJNewman

Feb 1, 2014
Right. The weather is always perfect that time of year, especially in the upper Midwest.

Oh no all the big bad tough guys from the Midwest were scared of a little rain boo hoo. Also they were going from Chicago the third larded city in the U.S. to Toronto the largest city in Canada it's not like they didn't have other options for mass transit. In the Wolves defense only two things melt in the rain and by their performance in that series we know which they were.

aparch

Apr 3, 2008
Oh no all the big bad tough guys from the Midwest were scared of a little rain boo hoo. Also they were going from Chicago the third larded city in the U.S. to Toronto the largest city in Canada it's not like they didn't have other options for mass transit. In the Wolves defense only two things melt in the rain and by their performance in that series we know which they were.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2014/05/13/faa-fire-alarm-chicago-flight-delays/9041619/
O'Hare and Midway were both affected by thunderstorms and a fire in the FAA air traffic center in Elgin, IL. This caused 736 flights to be canceled and at least 553 flights to be delayed at O'Hare airport alone. There was ZERO flights getting in and out of the city. It got to the point where one of the players joked about having a CDL and could drive a bus if needed.

The team was re-booked on new flights to Toronto, but the flights were for the day AFTER game three in Toronto.

They finally got booked on red-eye flights, and the equipment flew into Toronto on a very early morning flight with part of the team.

But sure, let's keep spouting off just because you dislike the "big bad Wolves."

Last edited by a moderator:

Rumblick

Nov 23, 2004
I - 78

I'm sorry - did CJ just call Chicagoans fat? :D

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
"Tigervixxxen":

No disrespect I am more than happy to see my rival teams play 10 times a season.......

I enjoy the home and home games always have.................

What is boring to you is fine with me as I want to see my rivals as much as I can...................

None taken but honest question, diminishing returns has to hit at some point. What if the entire schedule was facing only 3 teams? Would you really want to see the same team 30x?

I don't mind home and homes and some rivalry set up is good. But for me the fun in playing a rival is when it means something. The excitement of the game, the emotion from the players, the importance of the outcome. It's impossible to feel that extra something if all you are doing is playing that team constantly. The "special" wears off and winning one game vs them doesn't really mean anything.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
None taken but honest question, diminishing returns has to hit at some point. What if the entire schedule was facing only 3 teams? Would you really want to see the same team 30x?

I don't mind home and homes and some rivalry set up is good. But for me the fun in playing a rival is when it means something. The excitement of the game, the emotion from the players, the importance of the outcome. It's impossible to feel that extra something if all you are doing is playing that team constantly. The "special" wears off and winning one game vs them doesn't really mean anything.

"Tigervixxxen":

30x no too dam many even for me..........................

10-12 games is enough for my rival teams, just way I am used to seeing my rival teams that many times and I enjoy those games....................

Those crucial 4 point games late in the season are great in my eyes love them..............

Well we are different on the schedule as you have your view and I have mine...............

I never seem to get tired of playing my rival teams play 10x 5 & 5 + I am used to it and expect it every season...

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
AHL schedule to be released in 2 weeks ☺☻☺

AHL @TheAHL

With the #NBASchedule being released tonight, we expect the #AHLSchedule to be completed and ready for release in about 2 weeks.
1:51 PM - 13 Aug 2014

Via the AHL website.....................

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007

Wow....just WOW....well cj since i cant tell you what I really want. I'll just leave it to these 2 comments
#1....Don't let facts get in the way of idiotic comments. Congrats you actually have fans of the Wolves rivals in Milwaukee and San Antonio defending them and calling for your head.
[mod]

Just some free friendly advice.

CJNewman

Feb 1, 2014
Wow....just WOW....well cj since i cant tell you what I really want. I'll just leave it to these 2 comments
#1....Don't let facts get in the way of idiotic comments. Congrats you actually have fans of the Wolves rivals in Milwaukee and San Antonio defending them and calling for your head.

Just some free friendly advice.
[mod]

Secondly to quote you "wow just wow " the facts were you just got mad because I did to you and your " boys " what you've been doing to fans out east for years now. Can dish it not take it huh.

Finally they almost did forfeit the game because of no flight and their were legitimate options and that they did play like crap in that series. All true facts just ones you didn't like.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Secondly to quote you "wow just wow " the facts were you just got mad because I did to you and your " boys " what you've been doing to fans out east for years now. Can dish it not take it huh.

Finally what was so stupid with what I said. They almost did forfeit the game because of no flight and their were legitimate options and that they did play like crap in that series. All true facts just ones you didn't like.

[mod]

Second...I didn't nor am I now mad at anything you said...I was just saying [mod] that it's uninformed to think that with major storms disrupting air travel at a MAJOR airport hub, not only in the area but in North America, that the AHL wasn't onboard and would make any adjustments needed. Based on your comments then the next time there is a major snowstorm out east and the AHL cancels a game because of it, we can infer that the fans and players of the teams involved are nothing but a bunch of spineless pansies?? And since it happens about 2 times a year out east during the regular season...guess there must be a lot of pansies out east huh? It was a FREAKING playoff game dude...you don't think they had a plan in place???

I can take any of it you dish out....FACT...yes the WOLVES played like crap....we said that during the series with me saying after game 1 they were done and wouldn't win a game.
FACT...the teams in the eastern conference won't travel out west to play because it cost money that they don't want to spend. Now we(western conference ) no longer even bring it up...If every time you go to a cookie jar for a cookie and your dad punches you in the face...you quit going to that cookie jar right? Well guess what we quit asking about the east because tired of getting the same crap from them.
And just for clarification.....how does the eastern conference teams not wanting to play the west and spend the money, wanting to continue their cushy little bus league...which is what I've said yes " For Years"....have anything to do with the fans???? Totally lost and confused by your accusation there.

1 Last thing....do you have any PROOF of this possible forfeiture?And i mean REAL proof not your grandma heard from the milkman that his neighbors daughter went to school with the janitor's stepson's sister's boyfriend and he heard it from his teacher's mom who went to a game back in 1995.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad