GDT: SCF Game 4: Vegas Golden Knights @ Florida Panthers | 5:00PM | Whoa, we're still only halfway there.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I'm starting to think LT won't be back for the playoffs..... can we still dress as back up next game regardless? :laugh:

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
LT, Hot Dog Man, Cotter and a few others will be fully dressed in uniforms and storm the ice if they win. Anyone who is eligible to get his name on the Cup is allowed to skate with it regardless of their current status with the team. I'm not sure if LT technically is qualified but the team is allowed to add a few guys who fall just short of the games played requirement and he's gotta be on there. I'm thinking Brossoit getting a series win probably gets the nod as well.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
LT, Hot Dog Man, Cotter and a few others will be fully dressed in uniforms and storm the ice if they win. Anyone who is eligible to get his name on the Cup is allowed to skate with it regardless of their current status with the team. I'm not sure if LT technically is qualified but the team is allowed to add a few guys who fall just short of the games played requirement and he's gotta be on there. I'm thinking Brossoit getting a series win probably gets the nod as well.
I think he qualifies but the wording I find I'm not certain...

I mean he's 4 game shy of the 41 games played required, but would also have dressed as back up for about 15, he was injured in game 53 with only part of a game since then.

The other criteria would be dressing as a goalie for the one game in the Stanley Cup Finals... now is the Finals or Playoffs?

Reactions: ChanceVegas

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Petitions work better if the player is injured so I see Brasser getting on an eventual cup.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Petitions work better if the player is injured so I see Brasser getting on an eventual cup.
Yeah hard to imagine he won't get his name on it.

If backup names on the roster count then the Knights would have four goalies on it. That can't be too common. Other than that they didn't use too many guys who would normally qualify so they have a lot of spaces to work with in the 52 limit.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas

If backup names on the roster count then the Knights would have four goalies on it. That can't be too common. Other than that they didn't use too many guys who would normally qualify so they have a lot of spaces to work with in the 52 limit.
Back up goalie does count so 3 goalies meet the requirements, LT, JQ, and AH. LB would have to be applied for.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Back up goalie does count so 3 goalies meet the requirements, LT, JQ, and AH. LB would have to be applied for.

IF the Knights could win, there are 23 players who would hypothetically qualify, the 20 we've used plus Thompson, Kessel and Cotter.

It would be hard to imagine that Brossoit, Hutton or Blueger would be rejected, which would possibly bring the number to 26.

Players like Pachal, Dorofeyev, Korczak, Miromanov, Rondbjerg and Froese probably wouldn't have a chance.

That's all only if they could get the job done.

Reactions: sabresfan65

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad