Scapegoat for 2023-24 Season

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I know we're all excited for the upcoming season, myself included, but let's face a harsh reality: there will be downs, and we're going to start getting mad at some of our players. Who do you predict it will be? I'm going to skip the low-hanging fruit myself, and nominate Sean Durzi. He's questionable in his own zone and I foresee him making more than just a handful of mistakes that lead to goals against. We'll turn on our new acquisition and lambaste him quite a bit.

Also, I'm sorry if this thread seems a little negative. I'm just trying to be silly with it.

Reactions: LittlePipes

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I know we're all excited for the upcoming season, myself included, but let's face a harsh reality: there will be downs, and we're going to start getting mad at some of our players. Who do you predict it will be? I'm going to skip the low-hanging fruit myself, and nominate Sean Durzi. He's questionable in his own zone and I foresee him making more than just a handful of mistakes that lead to goals against. We'll turn on our new acquisition and lambaste him quite a bit.

Also, I'm sorry if this thread seems a little negative. I'm just trying to be silly with it.
I nominate Cobra

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Dumba - 50%
Cooley - 25% (only because we have irrational expectations)
Zucker - 25%

Reactions: Summer Rose

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Coyotes logic dictates that the D and Forwards all take massive strides but somehow the goalies - the only consistent bright spot previously - massively regress, creating a crisis out of what used to be a strength.

This feels like the correct answer. I'm still haunted by that season after the conference finals appearances where Smith lost us so many games due to mental errors. I could see us losing the lead a lot this year

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I nominate Cobra
Thanks, good to know I matter:) I think it will be an under performing vet like Dumba or Durzi as the whipping boy, we will give up lots of goals so likely a D. The forwards are mostly young and glorified because of potential, but it could be Schmaltz if he starts slow and or is injured. If the team is worse, it will be the goal tending or coach that gets the blame, but the coach is a sacred cow for now in these parts:)

Reactions: Jakey53

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Without much deliberation, I blame
1) The people who direct car traffic at the mullet for coyote home games
2) The person with the megaphone telling everyone how to remove keys and cell phones from their pockets.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Any of the guys that got married over the summer.

922216e5-4b0b-492a-ba3e-c8564e1d9b8e_text.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2