GDT: SAUNAMEN @ blueballed bastards

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Comrade I can keep sekret as well as Svech can play lacrosse.
Lacrosse, sweety. Lacrosse.
1713017522331.png

• Haha
Reactions: geehaad

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
No they won't. But thanks for thinking they will.

Doubt Pono plays more than 20-30 games with the Penguins. Koivunen will get moved in a trade I imagine after flopping hard in our development system.

Borsig, when did you decide to change your name and shine your positivity on the Penguins instead of the Hurricanes? :naughty:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MisterDobz

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

The numbers on this chart don't match Natural Stat Trick:

NST shows 5v5:

FAST: 83.3%
Morrow: 79.6%
Orlov: 71.5%
Martinook: 70.4%
KK: 69.7%
Lemieux: 63.7%
Noesen: 62.3%
Kuzy: 61.8%
etc...

While the general location of the players looks similar for most players, the numbers on the chart don't make sense to me. And some like Lemieux are way off.

Do you know the data source for this? Are they screening it for something? Is it a different measurement?

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
The numbers on this chart don't match Natural Stat Trick:

NST shows 5v5:

FAST: 83.3%
Morrow: 79.6%
Orlov: 71.5%
Martinook: 70.4%
KK: 69.7%
Lemieux: 63.7%
Noesen: 62.3%
Kuzy: 61.8%
etc...

While the general location of the players looks similar for most players, the numbers on the chart don't make sense to me. And some like Lemieux are way off.

Do you know the data source for this? Are they screening it for something? Is it a different measurement?

Those seem like questions for the tweeter.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Those seem like questions for the tweeter.
Probably, but I don't tweet.

EDIT 2: I think I know the answer. The timestamp on that tweet was mid game so this looks to be a snapshot in time during the game and not the full game metrics.

Last edited:

moses malone 12

Oct 19, 2020

not sure how to interpret this chart but KK or Kokonut (credit: Borsig) does not pass the eye test at all. his game fell apart this year. Not sure what happened - injury or no longer buying into the system?

I am rooting for the guy but he looks slows, no jump, no offensive creativity, late to get back too often.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
not sure how to interpret this chart but KK or Kokonut (credit: Borsig) does not pass the eye test at all. his game fell apart this year. Not sure what happened - injury or no longer buying into the system?

I am rooting for the guy but he looks slows, no jump, no offensive creativity, late to get back too often.
After looking at the time stamp, this chart is just a very small sample size, part of last night's game. If, at a particular time in the game you have been on the ice for 4 shots for and 0 shots against, depending the scoring chance for those shots, you'd be at 100% for this metric.

For the game, When KK was on the ice 5v5, the Canes took 11 shots and had 7 shots against. Based on the quality of the shots, it equated to an expectation that the Canes would have scored 1.11 goals (and they scored 1) and expectation that the Blues would score 0.49 goals (and they scored zero).

It's a bit of a simplistic look when looking at the small sample size of an individual game because teammates, quality of competition, and 1 high danger shot can affect it tremendously.

On the season, the three top forwards that have played a lot of games for Carolina for xGF% are Staal, Martinook and Fast. It's because they take a lot of shots and don't give up a lot of shots. So KK played 1:40 with Martinook and Fast in which time they had 4 shots for and 0 against. He played 11:30 with Martinook and Svech in which they had 6 shots for and 6 shots against.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad