Pre-Game Talk: SATURDAY Game #5: Rangers @ Capitals - 7:00PM EST - NHLN-US, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
TBH pirri has really sucked so far.

Yea. I think we were all so optimistic about him that we have overlooked how he has really played.

world class shot, but everything else is AHL level at best. Hopefully he shows a bit more but I'm not holding my breath

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Back problems can by pretty nasty. Hoping Buchnevich gets back soon because he was looking really good.

Pirri was awful the last game. That 5 on 3 he just wanted to shoot the puck and didn't even seem interested in making a play.

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
Caps have pretty much been using the following lineup so far.

Alex Ovechkin - Evgeny Kuznetsov - TJ Oshie
Marcus Johansson - Nick Backstrom - Andre Burakovsky
Brett Connolly - Lars Eller - Justin Williams
Daniel Winnik - Jay Beagle - Tom Wilson

Karl Alzner - Matt Niskanen
Dmitry Orlov - John Carlson
Brooks Orpik - Nate Schmidt

Holtby in net. Zach Sanford may have Connolly's spot, but unlikely.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
I definitely don't like the lines we are using at practice why not give Pirri the shot at a middle six role yet? AV selfishly keeping him in a role he can't thrive on so management has no choice but to waive him and call up his love child Glass... AV really starting to piss me off

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
I missed the game against Sharks, how was McIlrath? In the PGT it seemed like either he took a poor decision or he was miss treated by AW, so which was it? :)

I find it strange that we play Holden over him, who is not likely to improve his game a lot, so why not gamble on McI for at least ten games or so and hope our 1st round pick turns into something?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I missed the game against Sharks, how was McIlrath? In the PGT it seemed like either he took a poor decision or he was miss treated by AW, so which was it? :)

I find it strange that we play Holden over him, who is not likely to improve his game a lot, so why not gamble on McI for at least ten games or so and hope our 1st round pick turns into something?

He made a poor decision at the end of the second period. He also wasn't playing well in general up until then.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I definitely don't like the lines we are using at practice why not give Pirri the shot at a middle six role yet? AV selfishly keeping him in a role he can't thrive on so management has no choice but to waive him and call up his love child Glass... AV really starting to piss me off

No. Pirri does not need a middle six role. Are you seriously saying AV is keeping Pirri where he is because he wants Glass in his role? Pirri is good in short doses and on the PP. He is not a guy we want taking a regular shift. He should be firmly planted in the bottom six.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Back problems can by pretty nasty. Hoping Buchnevich gets back soon because he was looking really good.

Pirri was awful the last game. That 5 on 3 he just wanted to shoot the puck and didn't even seem interested in making a play.

And this is why Pirri will never demand much over the league minimum in terms of salary.

With that said, I find him to be an effective player when given minimal minutes and PP time. I think he will improve a bit to what we saw in the preseason.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
And this is why Pirri will never demand much over the league minimum in terms of salary.

With that said, I find him to be an effective player when given minimal minutes and PP time. I think he will improve a bit to what we saw in the preseason.

Oh, I think there's a use for him---if he can help the PP throughout the year then that's great and I think that he can but.....against the Red Wings the other night his play was selfish.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
why the force feeding of mcdonagh on the pp ?

clendo is most useful on the pp. his puck skills are better and he's comfortable there.

mcd continues to look clueless on the pp and his shot is just so average.

yet, av the doofus continues to put him out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad