Saros or Askarov

• Saros

• Askarov

Results are only viewable after voting.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Your GM of Nashville, the off-season is coming up.

You have to decide whether to keep the proven commodity in Saros, who has a year left of 5m and then needs to be re-signed. Likely hasn’t hit his prime yet. He’s been a Predator his whole career and took the reins passed down from Rinne, and never skipped a beat.

Or Askarov, who looks like the next best Russian goalie prospect since Vasilevskiy. With this route Nashville sells Saros high and rolls with a retool with Askarov likely splitting minutes with a 1A goalie.

Which do you think is the best route?

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Re-sign Saros, try and trade Askarov for an offensive piece. Would make no sense going with Askarov based on their current time-line. Forsberg, ROR, Josi etc are not getting younger. If you dont keep Saros youre pretty much throwing in the towel the next couple of years until you get a good goalie back.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
In the cap era, teams have won cups with non-star goalies behind great teams (Ward, Osgood, Niemi, Murray, Binnington, Kuemper, Hill). The same can’t be said for star goalies behind average teams.

Avoid making that commitment to Saros. Use the cap space and assets to improve the group of skaters.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I'd want to know the returns for both, but if the return is higher for Saros like I would expect then I trade him and extend Lank who has been very good for us. I think he's a good stop gap to ease Askarov in with a split situation.

I am probably in the minority amongst our fan base and really either scenario is fine with me.

Reactions: triggrman

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I'd want to know the returns for both, but if the return is higher for Saros like I would expect then I trade him and extend Lank who has been very good for us. I think he's a good stop gap to ease Askarov in with a split situation.

I am probably in the minority amongst our fan base and really either scenario is fine with me.
You're not alone.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
why-not-both-why-not.gif

Reactions: Soundgarden

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I'll take a boat over a mystery box that could be a boat.
What if the boat costs you 8 million dollars a year until it's well past it's warranty and the mystery box could be a brand new boat that costs you half that

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
What if the boat costs you 8 million dollars a year until it's well past it's warranty and the mystery box could be a brand new boat that costs you half that
The guy is 28 and they have plenty of cap space for a mutually beneficial deal.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Your GM of Nashville, the off-season is coming up.

You have to decide whether to keep the proven commodity in Saros, who has a year left of 5m and then needs to be re-signed. Likely hasn’t hit his prime yet. He’s been a Predator his whole career and took the reins passed down from Rinne, and never skipped a beat.

Or Askarov, who looks like the next best Russian goalie prospect since Vasilevskiy. With this route Nashville sells Saros high and rolls with a retool with Askarov likely splitting minutes with a 1A goalie.

Which do you think is the best route?
Best route is keep Saros, and let Askorov be backup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad