Confirmed with Link: Saros and Aberg recalled; Fiala and Mazanec assigned to Milwaukee

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
A lot of teams are splitting starts fairly evenly this year. I wouldn't mind that situation here for a while with Rinne and Saros just to see if it sparks anything.

Of course Pekka has always been a goalie who performs better with more work, so it might really backfire.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
A lot of teams are splitting starts fairly evenly this year. I wouldn't mind that situation here for a while with Rinne and Saros just to see if it sparks anything.

Of course Pekka has always been a goalie who performs better with more work, so it might really backfire.
Didn't Lavy once make Hutton the starter for a few games when Pekka was struggling badly, and then Rinne came back and just started playing lights out?

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Didn't Lavy once make Hutton the starter for a few games when Pekka was struggling badly, and then Rinne came back and just started playing lights out?

And maybe bringing up Saros lit a fire under him last night. We'll see tomorrow night if that's truly the case.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Assuming, as always with him, that mentally he's able to work through these setbacks and realize his potential.

:laugh:

i watched the goal he scored for the Admirals ... he seems very sulky ... but he scored so he swallowed the pill.

And probably he is unhappy with himself ... he knows he didn't score !! 2 goals and no assist in 10 games isn't pretty ! any forward should know that ! so does he.

So i guess he is more unhappy about the situation in general. He seems more mature ! capable of handling frustrations and point with the finger the real problem ! (himself on the occasion). It bodes pretty well. A return of a Fiala in some months ... and who knows ... !

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
Last year, Washington kept a backup on their roster and I have no idea who it was, Justin Peters maybe?

Anyway, anytime they did not start Holtby, they called up Grubauer. That way he kept playing in the AHL while getting valuable starts in the NHL.

I can see the Preds doing the same with Saros.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
I understand what we're trying to do here, and that's to further allow saros to develop by getting more starts down in MIL while having given time to Mazanec to get some playing time. But I also have little personal doubt Saros is a better goalie than Mazanec right now and if we have to start anyone else I would feel better if it were Saros rather than Mazanec.

Maybe it's the fact that we just don't have any back to backs the rest of this month and we don't plan on starting anyone but Rinne.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I understand what we're trying to do here, and that's to further allow saros to develop by getting more starts down in MIL while having given time to Mazanec to get some playing time. But I also have little personal doubt Saros is a better goalie than Mazanec right now and if we have to start anyone else I would feel better if it were Saros rather than Mazanec.

Maybe it's the fact that we just don't have any back to backs the rest of this month and we don't plan on starting anyone but Rinne.

What bothers me is that while we do not have any B2B's, IMO we should be resting Rinne about 2 games this month just to keep his workload from wearing him down.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
while I agree with what you're saying in principle, in reality I don't think you worry about that near as much the first 25-30 games of the season. the time to begin to give non back to back game starts is much more appropriate after new years as the season grinds on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad