Sarnia Sting 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I have no clue how I missed this, but Brayden Degelas was traded by the Legionnaires to Chatham last week.

I can only assume he wanted out as multiple players including their captain have left the Legionnaires (the hell happened to them the last few years) recently.

Degelas who just turned 17 this week is off to a terrific start with Chatham. 1G/7A in 4 games. Puts him at 11G/14A for 25 points in 26 games.

I hope we see him if Voit, Pastujov & Vilmanis are gone for the WJCs.

Last edited:

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I have no clue how I missed this, but Brayden Degelas was traded by the Legionnaires to Chatham last week.

I can only assume he wanted out as multiple players including their captain have left the Legionnaires (the hell happened to them the last few years) recently.

Degelas who just turned 17 this week is off to a terrific start with Chatham. 1G/7A in 4 games. Puts him at 11G/14A for 25 points in 26 games.

I hope we see him if Voit, Pastujov & Vilmanis are gone for the WJCs.

are you sure he's going to be any better then what they have?

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
are you sure he's going to be any better then what they have?
They might need to bring someone up if all 3 are gone to the WJCs. Especially if Burke is still banged up. So no matter who they'll need a body or two. He's playing well & performed well in camp. See no harm in seeing what he looks like & be good for him to see what he needs work on for next yr.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
They might need to bring someone up if all 3 are gone to the WJCs. Especially if Burke is still banged up. So no matter who they'll need a body or two. He's playing well & performed well in camp. See no harm in seeing what he looks like & be good for him to see what he needs work on for next yr.
calling him up would cost about 10k in education money just for this year, unless he agrees to play without an education package, which i would hope he wouldnt

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Made a thread on Twitter of why the Sting are struggling and sit in sixth in the west. Check it out:

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
I wouldn't say they are struggling, but definitely agree with your points. The PP HAS to be better. Way way way to much talent to be that low.

PK was doing well until they got ravaged on D. So I'll cut them some slack there.

Gaudreau has to be better & more consistent. Gotta get a better backup who if need be can start taking starts away if Ben continues struggling.

We gotta get some breaks eventually on the injury front... I hope..

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
I wouldn't say they are struggling, but definitely agree with your points. The PP HAS to be better. Way way way to much talent to be that low.

PK was doing well until they got ravaged on D. So I'll cut them some slack there.

Gaudreau has to be better & more consistent. Gotta get a better backup who if need be can start taking starts away if Ben continues struggling.

We gotta get some breaks eventually on the injury front... I hope..
Yeah struggling probably wasn't the right world. Just falling in the standings. Not necessarily struggling.

Reactions: StingUpdates

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Yeah struggling probably wasn't the right world. Just falling in the standings. Not necessarily struggling.
Yah. Just missing to many guys to keep winning. But still doesn't mean u should lose by 10 lol.

Need to win 2of3 this weekend. Hopefully Burke or Romeo are back. Idk if there's a team that needs this Christmas break more than us.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Yah. Just missing to many guys to keep winning. But still doesn't mean u should lose by 10 lol.

Need to win 2of3 this weekend. Hopefully Burke or Romeo are back. Idk if there's a team that needs this Christmas break more than us.
Looks like Romeo is at least back tonight. Hoping Burke is too still.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
MacDonell-Filak-Voit
Pastujov-Sikic-Vilmanis
Wainwright-Way-Martone
Doucette

Young-Dillingham
Fischer-Ritchie
Romeo-Daviault

Gaudreau

Get some D back & now they only have 10 Fs. Comical.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Seca needs to get a real solid 1B goalie immediately. I wouldn’t wait one more day.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Seca needs to get a real solid 1B goalie immediately. I wouldn’t wait one more day.
Should've happened already. Holy smokes. He looked better as a 16 yr old. It makes no f*cking sense.

I'm not saying he was elite but he sure as hell wasn't whatever this is. I genuinely thought everytime OSH came down in the 3rd, OT they were gonna score.

We are being lit up tomorrow. I might not even watch truthfully. Gonna be 7th or 8th come the break.

Voit will be in a wheelchair by 30 with the weight he's carried on his back the last 90 games. He, Pastujov & Martone left it all out there.

Never easy with this stupid franchise.

And of course they lose with their best crowd of the yr vs the leagues worst team. I mean u can't write this shit. Best atmosphere in a long while late 3rd & in OT. Can't wait for the encore Sunday.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Should've happened already. Holy smokes. He looked better as a 16 yr old. It makes no f*cking sense.

I'm not saying he was elite but he sure as hell wasn't whatever this is. I genuinely thought everytime OSH came down in the 3rd, OT they were gonna score.

We are being lit up tomorrow. I might not even watch truthfully. Gonna be 7th or 8th come the break.

Voit will be in a wheelchair by 30 with the weight he's carried on his back the last 90 games. He, Pastujov & Martone left it all out there.

Never easy with this stupid franchise.

And of course they lose with their best crowd of the yr vs the leagues worst team. I mean u can't write this shit. Best atmosphere in a long while late 3rd & in OT. Can't wait for the encore Sunday.
Hahaha you nailed it. It’s not even shocking or surprising or really even upsetting anymore. It’s just expected. You hope the next go around is gonna be different but ultimately the outcome is the same crappy result.

Gaudreau needs to ride the pine. Throw Sikic in net at this point. This whole situation is already a joke.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Hahaha you nailed it. It’s not even shocking or surprising or really even upsetting anymore. It’s just expected. You hope the next go around is gonna be different but ultimately the outcome is the same crappy result.

Gaudreau needs to ride the pine. Throw Sikic in net at this point. This whole situation is already a joke.
Used Sikic everywhere else so why not. I could not of disagreed more with him being on PP1 over Vilmanis.

Put Surzycia in tomorrow & Grover Sunday. Or either way around I don't care. Wow. Wow. Wow.

Lantz has the flu also. So that'll probably go thru the team too if it isn't already! Gotta love it.

Just think had the Hunters stayed on here way back when.. How it could've been... I need a beer. Lmfao. God almighty.

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
Used Sikic everywhere else so why not. I could not of disagreed more with him being on PP1 over Vilmanis.

Put Surzycia in tomorrow & Grover Sunday. Or either way around I don't care. Wow. Wow. Wow.

Lantz has the flu also. So that'll probably go thru the team too if it isn't already! Gotta love it.

Just think had the Hunters stayed on here way back when.. How it could've been... I need a beer. Lmfao. God almighty.
Just to add to the pain, Namestnikov scored again tonight in Guelph. He has 11 points in 6 games there. This team is an absolute mess!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad