Confirmed with Link: Sanford traded

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I like this. Clearly Sanford didn't have a future here. Brown is guy I've liked as buy-low guy for a while now. Things didn't work out in Ottawa, but there is some talent there. While most likely outcome is he doesn't end up as good as Sanford, the combination of cap savings and chance that he finally realizes his potential on better team make this smart deal.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
IMO, we lost a good player with some serious upside potential...but I'm in the minority on this and there is no looking back.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Sanford has a ton of potential if he can ever figure out how to be more consistent and play a stronger/harder 2 way game. He has shown he can play big boy hockey in the playoffs.

But this is not much of a loss since we have people like Kostin looking to take his spot.

Good luck to him.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
216c759694bb37b3d6e65643d7031303_w200.gif

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
from reading their fans' posts, seems like injuries have bit him pretty good and stalled his development

Sens fan here dude can't stay healthy and lacks the intensity needed to thrive in the NHL. I did hear few years back fans felt he listened more to his dad vs our training staff.

Either way we think he doesn't play the 30 games needed to get the pick.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Sens fan here dude can't stay healthy and lacks the intensity needed to thrive in the NHL. I did hear few years back fans felt he listened more to his dad vs our training staff.

Either way we think he doesn't play the 30 games needed to get the pick.
it's a risk it sounds like, but it's one STL can afford to take while becoming cap compliant at the same time

that being said, getting Sanford to the East might be much better for him, and it helps OTT get to the floor

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
it's a risk it sounds like, but it's one STL can afford to take while becoming cap compliant at the same time

that being said, getting Sanford to the East might be much better for him, and it helps OTT get to the floor

If he can realize his potential you guys got a top player for sure but brown needs to have a fire lit up his a**. He can't be coddled or allowed to coast. It's a low risk high reward trade for you guys.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
If he can realize his potential you guys got a top player for sure but brown needs to have a fire lit up his a**. He can't be coddled or allowed to coast. It's a low risk high reward trade for you guys.
Lol if he is lazy he is going to have hard time in here.

Sanford understand it hard way and got in to fight with Bortuzzo.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Berube doesn't seem like the coddling type of coach to me... we shall see I suppose

it's already kind of a crowded roster, especially if you consider Sunny coming back at some point. kid has his work cut out

and some Sens fans are saying his dad (Jeff) is kind of a 'meddling/interfering' type of presence? not sure what that means
anyways, if that's true, I don't see Army/Berube putting up with that either

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Berube doesn't seem like the coddling type of coach to me... we shall see I suppose

it's already kind of a crowded roster, especially if you consider Sunny coming back at some point. kid has his work cut out

and some Sens fans are saying his dad (Jeff) is kind of a 'meddling/interfering' type of presence? not sure what that means

I don't follow baseball much but someone on the st.louis blues subreddit referred to brown as the Colby Rasmus of the blues. Logan also would not follow the medical guys advice and would prefer to follow his dad's advice.

Last edited:

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003

1- Jeff Brown is part of the Alumni group and the Alumni group typically keeps their members in check when it comes to interfering with the current team. If Brown get's too vocal, he'll have to answer to Chase, Bernie and Janssen(quietly becoming a major part of the alumni group).

2- If Brown does get too vocal; Army will threaten to hire him to be Hull's assistant(or drink holder; whichever works). That would shut him up pretty quick.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
1- Jeff Brown is part of the Alumni group and the Alumni group typically keeps their members in check when it comes to interfering with the current team. If Brown get's too vocal, he'll have to answer to Chase, Bernie and Janssen(quietly becoming a major part of the alumni group).

2- If Brown does get too vocal; Army will threaten to hire him to be Hull's assistant(or drink holder; whichever works). That would shut him up pretty quick.
if he's hired as Hulls drink holder, he better start working out ASAP

not sure that's a 1 man staff position

Reactions: LGB51

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad