San Jose Sharks top prospect

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
It's Meier.

It'll be interesting to see where the new guys slot in.

Gregor/Gambrell at 6/7? I haven't taken a closer look in all honesty.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Goldobin has the higher upside, but comes with highest chance of busting out.

Meier has lower potential but higher chance of making it

HydroF

Mar 27, 2014
Vacaville
Surprised how lopsided this poll is in favor of Meier. I would have thought opinion would be pretty evenly split among the two.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Surprised how lopsided this poll is in favor of Meier. I would have thought opinion would be pretty evenly split among the two.

surely his underwhelming performance in the bigs last season is driving that. he did look small and overwhelmed. but hopefully as reports indicate he's developed a lot since then.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
take Mueller out and stick him at the bottom and the list is pretty much in order

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose

It seems to me that we're voting similarly to how DW drafts...a lot of votes to the high floor/low ceiling guy instead of the high risk/high reward guy.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
surely his underwhelming performance in the bigs last season is driving that. he did look small and overwhelmed. but hopefully as reports indicate he's developed a lot since then.

Yeah it is easier to let the imagination run a little higher with the unknown (meier), then with the known (goldobin).

I hope both of them shine bright next year with the sharks. If they do that makes the sharks offense better and it was pretty good already last year.

Top 9 of:

Thornton, pavs, hertl
Donskoi, couture, marleau
Ward, goldobin, meier.

And no those are not actual lines minus couture and thornton/pavs.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Love the Labanc vote! I know the guy is a Colts fan but I could see an argument based on his ceiling.

I personally don't think he is, but it's an interesting discussion to have (if the guy ever comes back).

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
Meier is our top prospect. He was 9th overall and had huge season at juniors winning QMJHL championship and being one of the best players of that league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad