5. Filip Bystedt 76.5%
6. Henry Thrun 55.3%
7. Thomas Bordeleau 37.7%
8. Daniil Gushchin 55.7%
9. Cam Lund 47.8%

Reactions: landshark

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Its hard as his stats are pretty low even for the SHL, and he has never been asked to play at the world jr's, so even Sweden does not see him as a top defensemen.
Havelid's stats are not low for the SHL. He had a higher points per game rate in his D+1 season than Erik Karlsson did in the same league at the same age. And the only reason he didn't play in the World Juniors was due to injury.

The real issue is that he's a 5'10" defenseman.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
Been voting For Havelid for the last couple of rounds. But I think it's a pretty steep drop in quality after this. It's still a much deeper pool than even last year. Grier has done a nice job restocking the cupboard in the last year.

Reactions: mogambomoroo

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I don’t agree there’s a steep talent drop off. Quite the contrary. It’s been hard to do these polls because for me personally I could probably have voted at least 4 or 5 guys from the last 4 or 5 polls. Chrona, Laroque,Haltunnen, Robins, Cagnoni, Havelid, all have the potential to be boom or bust core pieces for future teams.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
That's not true at all. Still have Robins, Halttunen, and Cagnoni that have quality potential along with a few others not too far behind. Obviously not all are going to hit but there is some serious depth in the pool now.
I dont think any of those will hit personally. But there is still some time for me to be wrong. But I agree with the overall point. This pool is deeper and better than it had been in a long time.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
I went with Havelid because I think he has the highest likelihood of the players remaining of being a top6/top4 caliber player. I think Kasper Halttunen is next and you could convince me that he is ahead of Havelid. Halttunen seems less likely to reach the top 6 but because of his size I could easily see him being a solid bottom 6 option for the team while most of the other players seem top 6 or bust or not having top 6 upside.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad