GDT: San Antonio Rampage @ OKC Barons, Friday 12/28 6PM MDT

Hans Moleman

Was saying Boortuzzi
Apr 4, 2004
FTW
Nothing against Harski's game either but IMO Paajarvi had a better game than him as well albeit he didn't get any points on the night while Harski potted a goal.

I think both Paajarvi and Harski deserved stars. The nordic line was outstanding tonight.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Hall really is rounding into a power forward, opposing teams are going to HATE playing against him when he's in his physical prime.

Heard he was some 1st overall or something. Has some potential.

Probably no more than a 4th liner though. Let's temper our expectations. He's no Sequin.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
I think both Paajarvi and Harski deserved stars. The nordic line was outstanding tonight.

They have been almost every night since being united. Paajarvi has played very well as of late throwing hits and going to the net. He drew a penalty going to the net a couple nights in a row now. He blasted the Stars Chiasson the other night in the netural zone with a huge open ice hit. He's even cutting down on the dumb shots from the outside instead relying on the cycle as the 3 of them (especially Hartski) can outmuscle and outwork the other team most times. Paajarvi is really turning things around after what i felt was a very slow start (although early on he was producing). I think we may get too impatient with this player at times, his stats in the AHL the past two years do make "top 6" sound like a reasonable goal. I think the whole line has a chance at NL employment when the season starts, although Lander might still need some seasoning.

Speaking of Lander boy has he sure improved.

And since i mentioned the other 2 Hartikainen is quickly becoming one of my favorite Oilers. Hits hard, is a beast in the corners and in front, and has solid offensive skills. His skating, which has traditionaly been his weakness, looks very solid for a big man in the AHL. This line along with the kids+Arcobello has really given OKC two solid scoring lines.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I really like the move by Nelson to give both Paajarvi and Lander a chance in the SO.

Little things like that to build confidence and give a player a chance with the puck on his stick and room and space to do something really help.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I really like the move by Nelson to give both Paajarvi and Lander a chance in the SO.

Little things like that to build confidence and give a player a chance with the puck on his stick and room and space to do something really help.

Agreed. These are guys that have proven they have enough talent to play in the bigs, but need to have the confidence so that they can produce well enough offensively

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Just noticed Hall has cracked the top 10 in AHL scoring despite playing ~10 less games

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Paajarvi seems to get up when he plays against Markstrom. Seeing a fellow countryman that is roughly the same age who he likely has played with and against since they were young teens probably does that for him. Same for Lander naturally.

Only on nights when they lose.

Or when they don't cover the spread.....

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
haha can you imagine the oiler 4 finishing in the top 4.....maybe even top 5 with Arcobello?

That would be sick.

I'm not sure Shultz will keep up though. Offensive D-man or not, first line forwards usually score more.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
If the NHL does have a season, a deal needs to be done within the next two weeks. Schultz is 4 goals off from tying the rookie goal record, and 5 from beating it. A race against time!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad