Confirmed with Link: Samuel Montembeault extended for 3 years ($3.15M AAV)

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Good move and not a bad contract.Out of the 3 goalies we have he is the closest thing to a #1 .The other 2 are trade material

Reactions: HabsQC

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Unless this is a case of a sign and trade scenario, which in my world, I'd rather keep Monty, this could make Allen the odd man out. Because in all honesty, I doubt teams who plan to make a run will be looking at Primeau.

And yes, Allen wouldn't be the answer for some teams. But he would be an excellent back up for someone on a team planning to contend.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
In other news.....the Montreal Canadiens have traded Jake Allen to the ..........

Buffalo Sabres?
Edmonton Oilers?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Unless this is a case of a sign and trade scenario, which in my world, I'd rather keep Monty, this could make Allen the odd man out. Because in all honesty, I doubt teams who plan to make a run will be looking at Primeau.
And yes, Allen wouldn't be the answer for some teams. But he would be an excellent back up for someone on a team planning to contend.
Allen is the answer for nobody. If he's in the net when comes the playoffs you wont make it. Could be an option as a stop gap number 2 for the regular season if his salary would be lower. If you want to get anything more than a 5th round pick you'll have to retain 50% at the deadline and even if you do there might be better options. His contract is not good for what he is.

Reactions: Runner77

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
3 years for him.

1/2 years for Primeau.

Allen dealt.

Gives Dobes a chance to get the back up job in a year, or two.

Hopefully keeps the habs from signing Fowler early. Let Volokhin and Miller also chill. Miller goes to the AHL in 2 years.

Would honestly leave Vol over in Russia for the next 4 years.

Reactions: Redux91

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

I think (for what's it worth) that Primeau is going to either be traded for peanuts or waived.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad