Speculation: Samberg vs Heinola

Who is going to have the better season on the Jets this upcoming season?

• Total voters

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Both excel in different ways, both are good defensively. Heinola is better offensively, Samberg is bigger, stronger & more phyiscal. Very different styles of D, both could be valuable & both could be top 4 guys if not next year, then the year after at worse. Excited to see both guys play on the Jets.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
I have zero knowledge of Samberg and have seen Heinola play only the few games in Jets uniform (in which he looked very very good). By the sounds of it Heinola is getting more mature physically and seems to be having a good season, I figure he should prolly be NHL ready since he looked like it already last season, other than age/physicality. Everyone seem to think very highly of Samberg, so hopefully both will play for the Jets in this coming season that might start sometime, maybe.

Reactions: JetsUK

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Both excel in different ways, both are good defensively. Heinola is better offensively, Samberg is bigger, stronger & more phyiscal. Very different styles of D, both could be valuable & both could be top 4 guys if not next year, then the year after at worse. Excited to see both guys play on the Jets.

I think this nails how I feel about them.

I think Samberg plays this year and sticks. He might have been bumped down to the A in a normal year depending on his play but I think the season being what it will ultimately be means they'll keep him around. I think he adds size and toughness with limited scoring but ends up being a very valued 2nd pairing guy going forward (not necessarily this season). Lots of minutes, plenty of PK time in his future.

Also agree that Heinola has the higher overall ceiling. Think he'll put up more points than Samberg and will remind us of a 'good years' Enstrom but hopefully will be less affected by his size than Tobi was. I do expect him to be utilized more as a 2nd pairing guy in his career, but I guess that depends on how they set up pairings. Hopefully he's a good PP QB. He's shown some nice moves this year on offense. Don't see the Jets bringing him over to burn a year of his ELC for a shortened season. Delaying him for the year to allow for more development while also offsetting his contract negotiations from Samberg by a year seems a very Chevy thing to do. I expect his development curve to be similar to Morrissey's in terms of time and hopefully outcomes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad