Speculation: Sam Reinhart - Next contract discussion

Will Reinhart re-sign in Florida, if so, what contract does he sign?

• Yes with FLA, 6yrs @ $7 to 8 million per

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Yes with FLA, 6yrs @ $7.5 to 8.5 million per

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Yes with FLA, 7yrs @ $7 to 8 million per

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Yes with FLA, 7yrs @ $7.5 to 8.5 million per

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Yes with FLA, 8yrs @ $7 to 8 million per

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Yes with FLA, 8yrs @ $7.5 to 8.5 million per

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Not with FLA, 7yrs @ $7.5 to 8.5 million per

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Not with FLA, 7yrs @ $8 to 9 million per

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
View attachment 863566

Anyone who thinks that Reinhart will be back no matter what should do some armchair GM-ing. The bottom6 and top4 will look like crap even if Reinhart took a significant discount compared to what he'd get in the free agency. The lineup above is just to illustrate how difficult it will be for Zito to keep all of the big names on board.
So we downgrade for 2.5 million with Ekblad, add 4 million extra on a Montour extension.

Have no money for Rhino but pay 7.5 million between Tank and Beau?

If that is your arm chair moves, you should stick to EAHL

The only changes are switching out deck chairs and not paying the guys you don't like, lol. Rhino is paid 6.5 now, we can find a couple extra million just with the rising cap. Why would we get rid of guys that perform to their salaries in our system now for maybes? Tank is even older, longer injury history and less productive, and Beau, gross. Even if Rhino wasnt back, that is a terrible solution to pay more than what we already do for Rhino for even less production.

And this Montour fantasy where he should get more that Forsling, bruh, come on, someone else can pay him that, we wont.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
You all know that Bennet and Reinhart will take sizable discounts to stay in Florida, and Chychrum will replace Montour, at an affordable price because he's sick of playing for shit teams.

Reinhart is a lock but Chycryn? No thanks, apparently the guy has become soft as a pillow in Ottawa, probably due to getting injured so much before. Doesn't fit the style this team plays.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Anyone who thinks that Reinhart will be back no matter what should do some armchair GM-ing. The bottom6 and top4 will look like crap even if Reinhart took a significant discount compared to what he'd get in the free agency. The lineup above is just to illustrate how difficult it will be for Zito to keep all of the big names on board.

If Montour wants eight years I wouldn't pay him more than six per year. A team would have to give around 8 million on the open market to get him to leave imo. Hanifin just signed for 7.3 and is a few years younger.

And Beauvillier isn't worth more than 1 million at this point, at least not for this team. He's been moved around a ton. Doesn't fit the team identity either.

Reactions: pantherbot

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
If Montour wants eight years I wouldn't pay him more than six per year. A team would have to give around 8 million on the open market to get him to leave imo. Hanifin just signed for 7.3 and is a few years younger.

And Beauvillier isn't worth more than 1 million at this point, at least not for this team. He's been moved around a ton. Doesn't fit the team identity either.

You forgot to mention that Hanifin hasn't scored 73pts and has done nothing in the playoffs. Points usually matter more than defensive fancy stats when it comes down to salary negotiations.

Beau is just that placeholder there, pick a better name if you want.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
You forgot to mention that Hanifin hasn't scored 73pts and has done nothing in the playoffs. Points usually matter more than defensive fancy stats when it comes down to salary negotiations.

Devon Toews then, he has averaged 0.69 PPG the last three years (Montour 0.63) and had close to a PPG season two years ago although in 66 games. He signed for 7.25 M and didn't even get max term from Colorado which would've dropped his AAV quite a bit.

I'd be willing to be Mackie Samo gets a long look at the 3rd right winger on this team next year. Cheap, good upside offensively.
Put him with Anton and Luostar.
0.85 PPG in the AHL, last year of his ELC. 925k cap hit.

I think he's got a place in the lineup just because of his contract, they need cap elsewhere. Plus now he has a pro year behind him and he did well. They can always get some veteran help like Tarasenko at the deadline.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

If someone else wants to pay him for a clear one year outlier, let them.

He had his career year a year too early.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I think Game 5 kinda flexed how versatile Reino is. It wasn't the first time it's happened, but I am speaking in general.

He was running effective shifts with Barky and Tank on the top line. But PoMo, for whatever reason decided let's throw an omega wrench at Tampa and close this shit out.

Deployed him with Lundell and Luostar and that Point Kucherov and Stamkos line was not heard from at all. Just a complete shutdown which was really impressive.

It freed up Barky to run with Verhaeghe and Tkachuk, which let's face it, thats a trio would feed families for generations.

I can just imagine the code red lines once we are complete

Verhaeghe Barkov Tkachuk
Luostar - Lundell - Reinhart
ERod - Benny - Tarasenko
Okposo - Stenlund - Cousins

Reino isnt going to post these type of stats any time soon, but his ability to play a 200ft game is so so valuable. Drop his production to 60 points and he is still worth the money.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
A LOT of people here will be surprised.

By the numbers…

Reinhart and Zito have a hand-shake deal in place imo.

Montour will be the odd-man out… For better or worse !

Samson will be a Panther. You can bet on that… And thank me later. ;)

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
I’d love to keep him.

Although he’s only pulled off a season like this once, it’s undeniable that his shot is a serious weapon now.

If he stays great.

But I have all the reasons in the world to believe Zito has identified some disgruntled kids on other teams not getting enough ice time that has the potential to fill Reins shoes once paired next to Barkov.

He’s done it before. No reason he can’t do it again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad