Confirmed with Link: Sam Bennett and 6th (2022) traded to Florida for 2nd (2022) and Emil Heineman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015

hurts-just-a-little-bit-59f512dae159c.jpeg

Cricket Green

May 1, 2021

Didnt post the twitter video to annoy anyone. On the contrary, if I see some interesting Bennett news that might fly under the radar, i'll try my best to add it here for those of you who still follow him. I can say with certainty that folks from Calgary know more about hockey than even the biggest Panthers fans, so if you still like Bennett and you're interested in where his career is headed, bring your insight to the Panthers boards and make Florida your Eastern Conference team.

I truly believe he has changed the "feel" of the Panthers. Funny that Forsling is also interviewed in that video, as most Panthers fans are in agreement that Benny and Gus have been the 2 most impactful additions this season (after Zito, of course).

I have read plenty of criticism of Treliving, and while I'm not going to pretend to have knowledge of the dysfunction within the Flames organization, I do believe Treliving giving Bennett a chance elsewhere is a good look on Treliving, and I also believe that Bennett will always hold Treliving in high regard for this opportunity.

Villella McMeans

Using the Force...
May 3, 2021
Chinatown
Didnt post the twitter video to annoy anyone. On the contrary, if I see some interesting Bennett news that might fly under the radar, i'll try my best to add it here for those of you who still follow him. I can say with certainty that folks from Calgary know more about hockey than even the biggest Panthers fans, so if you still like Bennett and you're interested in where his career is headed, bring your insight to the Panthers boards and make Florida your Eastern Conference team.

I truly believe he has changed the "feel" of the Panthers. Funny that Forsling is also interviewed in that video, as most Panthers fans are in agreement that Benny and Gus have been the 2 most impactful additions this season (after Zito, of course).

I have read plenty of criticism of Treliving, and while I'm not going to pretend to have knowledge of the dysfunction within the Flames organization, I do believe Treliving giving Bennett a chance elsewhere is a good look on Treliving, and I also believe that Bennett will always hold Treliving in high regard for this opportunity.

I'm buying FLA+1200 x 100 to win the cup, GO BENNETT GO!!!

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

Unlike those scumbags to the north of us we don't often run players out of town here unless they really earned it. Like for instance James Neal did. Sam has himself a lot of fans here in Calgary, a true hockey player's player and an excellent teammate. Genuinely very happy to see he's taking his fresh start and hitting the ground running.

Villella McMeans

Using the Force...
May 3, 2021
Chinatown
I give Hartley a lot of credit for Monahans development and I think if Bennett had him or Sutter for 2-3 years, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Totally agree about Hartley and Sutter, when Hartley was fired and Steinberg on the radio was saying that Hartley was creating a toxic work environment - I was thinking I like a mean coach that knows what to do like Sutter and Hartley, rather than anyone who doesn't agree that the coach is the boss.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Unlike those scumbags to the north of us we don't often run players out of town here unless they really earned it. Like for instance James Neal did. Sam has himself a lot of fans here in Calgary, a true hockey player's player and an excellent teammate. Genuinely very happy to see he's taking his fresh start and hitting the ground running.
What has Monahan done to earn his treatment? He's treated worse than Neal ever was, in fact we regularly made excuses for Neal

Last edited:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
What has Monahan done to earn his treatment? He's treated worse than Neal ever was, in fact we regularly made excuses for Neal

You mean his 45 million dollar contract, prime minutes with the team's best forward, force fed powerplay time, and endless excuses for his poor center play? Yeah Sean has really got a raw deal here :rolleyes:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You mean his 45 million dollar contract, prime minutes with the team's best forward, force fed powerplay time, and endless excuses for his poor center play? Yeah Sean has really got a raw deal here :rolleyes:
I was referring to treatment from the fans

Reactions: Nanuuk

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Bennett was definitely a MVP last night…for Tampa

Sam has talent but he is also an idiot

He has much longer rope in Florida so we’ll see if he is still a net positive

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013

Lol all you ever do is make excuses for Monahan. That’s literally your day job.

This is just so far from the truth, even the biggest Monahan haters recognize his skill and just don’t believe he’s the same 5v5 scoring threat he used to be. Shipping him out to kick-start a retool because he’s our most expendable asset is not the same as being given the Neal or Bennett treatment...

as for Bennett, absolutely brutal and game-changing penalty last night, and he’ll have those lapses in judgement, but he’s being given a big enough role that he can make up for it. I don’t think he’ll sustain close to this level of production long-term unless he gets glued to Huberdeau’s C (which isn’t completely out of the question), but overall very good middle-6 C. Wish we kept him and shipped out Monahan a year earlier for a much much larger package, but with expansion coming up and Bennett probably demanding in the 3+ mil range I don’t think we’ll regret this move much past this off-season and Florida ultimately doesn’t stand a chance

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Usually Bennett gets away with those hits in the playoffs and it's what made him so effective the last 2 years, but that hit is petty obviously illegal. Florida can't be happy he was a big reason Tampa won and he is suspended for game 2.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm guessing that Huberdeau keeps being effective in Bennett's absence, but if not it would be kind of telling. I guess either way would indicate something.

Reactions: Janks

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm guessing that Huberdeau keeps being effective in Bennett's absence, but if not it would be kind of telling. I guess either way would indicate something.
If Bennett was gone for a long period f time, I would agree, but 1 game is nt enough to determine anything.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Let me guess, if Huberdeau doesn't miss a beat, it's absolute proof that he was carrying Bennett. If Huberdeau struggles, it's pointless to come to any conclusions because it's only one game and that proves absolutely nothing.
1 game won't prove anything either way, Huberdeau still looks amazing. The most you could draw from this game is Wennberg seems to be a big down grade from Bennett, so we will most likely bring him in to play center in the top 9.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
1 game won't prove anything either way, Huberdeau still looks amazing. The most you could draw from this game is Wennberg seems to be a big down grade from Bennett, so we will most likely bring him in to play center in the top 9.
What the f*** is the point of garbage like this? Bennett never played behind anyone on a regular basis that didn't outplay him here.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
What the f*** is the point of garbage like this? Bennett never played behind anyone on a regular basis that didn't outplay him here.
Definitely - never. After his great playoffs, where he was tied with Monahan for the lead in scoring this past year, he started in the exact right spot on the 4th line... :huh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Definitely - never. After his great playoffs, where he was tied with Monahan for the lead in scoring this past year, he started in the exact right spot on the 4th line... :huh:
I'm sorry I didn't realize a handful of good games was regularly outplaying anyone. By that half witted logic, we should sign Sven Beartschi and put him into the top 6 because after all he had a great few games when he was first called up.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
I'm sorry I didn't realize a handful of good games was regularly outplaying anyone. By that half witted logic, we should sign Sven Beartschi and put him into the top 6 because after all he had a great few games when he was first called up.
Keep living in your happy little world man. If Benny puts a PPG pace playing with Lucic and Dube in the playoffs, it totally makes sense to write it off and push him to play with Nordstrom and Simon. What about his first 11 games with the Panthers? 17 in 11. Definitely too small of a sample size there as well eh?

What about it we extend it to when Sutter came in + Panthers? Only 23 points in 25 games? Is that too small of a sample size as well? That would put him tied with Lucic in 30 less games this season on the team... or tied for 8th on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad