Sale of the Sens - the renewal WC let us all down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Wouldn't Melnyk make more money off a sale by talking to multiple suitors ?

It seems odd and unlikely that there is no leak on this

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007

I have to agree. My only hope is that because it's the SCF, all eyes are focused on that for now.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013

Again, no it doesn’t.

This deal is peanuts compared to many of the transactions taking place at any given time, and many of those aren’t “leaked” before public announcement.

People take this kind of money extremely seriously (and with the Sens we are talking about hundreds of millions, which again is small potatoes). You can’t time the market if the folks on the ground are running their mouths off. Not to mention the legal implications for the guys that actually talk.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The new COO starting around the time the "announcement" was supposed to be made certainly throws a high level of dubiosity on the claim.

...unless Melynk is keeping a small percentage of the team? Like a (silent) minority partner? That way he can be 'true' to his claim of never selling the team (completely), yet also saving face by bringing in real owners who will invest properly in the team.

It's a long shot, but you never know.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
...unless Melynk is keeping a small percentage of the team? Like a (silent) minority partner? That way he can be 'true' to his claim of never selling the team (completely), yet also saving face by bringing in real owners who will invest properly in the team.

It's a long shot, but you never know.

There is no way anyone who's buying the team would keep a Melnyck around, he's poison in this community, he literally provides nothing to your brand and in fact hurts it by being around. No one is going to pay $500 millions n and have this hanger on here hurting their bottom line.

Melnyck is done in Ottawa, he might not sell, it he'll never be seen in a positive light in this city ever again.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
There is no way anyone who's buying the team would keep a Melnyck around, he's poison in this community, he literally provides nothing to your brand and in fact hurts it by being around. No one is going to pay $500 millions n and have this hanger on here hurting their bottom line.

Melnyck is done in Ottawa, he might not sell, it he'll never be seen in a positive light in this city ever again.
6a00d8341c652b53ef01630539828a970d-800wi

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
It does leave me a bit pessimistic though that Melnyk just hired a former colleague as COO. Hoping it’s just a favour.

My sister knows the new COO. He's an asshole of the top degree. If asshollery was a form of martial arts, he'd have all of the black belts....or brown belts?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I don't really care who owns the team but if the sale brings this then I really care :

- Max budget : spend close too the cap, not afraid to buy out or bury a player AND don't sell assets for a financial advantage in a trade. Even be ready to do the opposite if it serves you (like retain on a player salary)

- Owner that uses a really good PR department so he doesn't say things publicly that get out of hand.

- Also more budget for a new arena, marketing department, scouting staff, etc.

Reactions: topshelf15

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Need an update WC! Lol

You need to find out if your friend was trolling you or not lol

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I don't know if anger is there for me anymore .. it's just shake your head sad for me at this point ... my hope meter is in the shop

Sure, not angry now, but when you see the return from the Karlsson trade...

Prove me wrong Dorion, oh god please prove me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad