Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building | Monday, February 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I'm not a huge fan of this, but how would people feel about Sheary and Hunwick out with Kane and Plekanec, both at 50%, in? I'm not a huge fan of the idea, but I'm curious for what other people think.

Probably not the right play.

Reactions: Riptide

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
Ryan or Letestu(sadly) make too much sense. Both are cheap, PKers, right handed, that are third/fourth line centers.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
It’d be good to bring in 2 centres better than Rowney so he has no chance of playing
I feel confident one of those two will be here, not as confident about Brassard, but boy if that could happen, we'd be stacked!

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I feel confident one of those two will be here, not as confident about Brassard, but boy if that could happen, we'd be stacked!

We don’t need a great 5th centre just better than Rowney. Which really shouldn’t be hard.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
I honestly don't even know what I'd do at the deadline at this point. The team is just playing so well that it's hard to tell what the Penguins actually need, outside of a center better than Rowney.

Steady on.
I'm not a huge fan of this, but how would people feel about Sheary and Hunwick out with Kane and Plekanec, both at 50%, in? I'm not a huge fan of the idea, but I'm curious for what other people think.
I think we are better with Brassard and Pouliot

Reactions: Ryder71

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
In my dream universe...

Guentzel-Crosby-Hornqvist
Hagelin-Malkin-Rust
ZAR-JGP-Phil
Cullen-Sheahan-Simon

That would be ridiculously scary in every single possible way. Quite a few ways to mix up the lines.

Sheary goes for futures to give us the cap for JGP and hopefully make the sting of acquiring him less. In an ideal world I'd pay less than KIRK's rumoured 1st + Sprong but if we're gonna make an overpay, that's the one I'd pick.

Steady on.

I think we are better with Brassard and Pouliot

But at what cost?

Reactions: ColePens

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
With how they're playing, I think the'yd be the favorite with just adding a good 4C. This team is on absolute fire right now, and any issues with the team when they add a 4C are just of preference. I wouldn't bet on any team against the Penguins if they just add a good 4C.
well then make us favorites by an even wider margin.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
JR can't sit on this. Whether it's a high impact 3C or a high impact winger, he can't sit on this. As I wrote elsewhere, Murray is on his game. Geno is on another planet. Phil has downshifted a little, but you know what he'll do when the playoffs come. And, you sure as **** know Sid will be all in for the playoffs. You can't count on the stars aligning like this every year. Add in the three peat chance, and it will be bitterly disappointing if JR just tinkers at the margins. Make this team at worst a pick em against anyone, including a team like Tampa, then trust Sid, Geno, and Phil to be the difference.
Well said and I 100% agree. HE needs to be aggressive. Not reckless but aggressive. This is a huge and potentially historic moment for this team. Seize it JR.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
But hypothetically what if OTT wanted Sheahan and not Sheary for cap reasons. Do you just give up on getting Brassard?

Yes. Sheahan+ another similar center and almost all our futures is worth more than giving him up and a wack of futures for 1.5 years of Brassard+ finding another center to replace Sheahan.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Yes. Sheahan+ another similar center and almost all our futures is worth more than giving him up and a wack of futures for 1.5 years of Brassard+ finding another center to replace Sheahan.
Are you sure?

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I kinda feel this way too.

Incidentally, its why I really want Cullen. Quality upgrade who we know fits in.

That said... yeah, removing say Sheary and Hunwick for one guy isn't that big a difference.

It kind of is though. Hunwick? Meh, w/e. I like having him as he's quality depth, but given his cap hit and our other options, moving him isn't the end of the world. Sheary however is another matter. The kids (Simon, ZAR, Sprong) stepping up as they have make him more moveable then ever before... but that's still a lot of skill and speed to lose if we don't have to. The more I see from Simon and ZAR, the more inclined I'd be to do it... but that doesn't mean I'd want to, or that it wouldn't be a loss to do so.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
During the Expansion era, only 2 teams have threepeated. JR could give this team the chance to do something incredible. I really hope he goes for it and doesnt just make minor moves.

Reactions: Nakawick

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Kypreos is saying to not be surprised if Karlsson is traded in the next 9 days. If that happens Ottawa would be in full on fire sale mode (if they aren’t already there). I wonder how that would affect the price for guys like Pageau or Brassard

Kypreos also said for how many summers straight that Malkin would be traded... I don't trust a thing that comes out of his mouth.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I don't think any combo of Brassard, Pageau, Plekanec, Kane, Pouliot, etc, are going to be cheap.

I’d concentrate big time on the centre than wing. The best 3C we can get turns us into a 4 line scoring team with the wingers we have right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad