Salary Cap: Salary Cap Crunch Part 3: Cap and Trade Economics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Haven't seen much of Trochek but he's been brought up a few times. Is he really a guy worth looking at as our #2C?

Got some talent , Needs to work on D a bit

But he gives honest effort and was Saad teammate in Jr's

Hawks don't really have any C depth in system so adding a young NHL center in Trocheck wouldn't be bad thing

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Did you not see what he did in Rockford in a limited amount of time?

Baun never spent a second in Rockford. He was always with the Hawks to burn the year on his contract. No idea who you're thinking of. Maybe Kero?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He never played in Rockford.

I still think he is a bubble guy as early as next year, Hartman is more likely to replace Bickell than Baun.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
The additions of Johns and Hartman should be more than enough to fill the physical void of trading away Bickell.

Baun will be given a chance to join the team during preseason. If he makes the most out of it, good for him. But there are plenty of other youngsters who currently look like better options waiting for their shot.

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
The additions of Johns and Hartman should be more than enough to fill the physical void of trading away Bickell.

Baun will be given a chance to join the team during preseason. If he makes the most out of it, good for him. But there are plenty of other youngsters who currently look like better options waiting for their shot.

Johns is going to be such a major upgrade on our back end that people are going to wonder out loud why he was brought up this post season (before his hand injury).

His skating, shot and physical presence is vastly superior than any of the #5/6 D guys we are trying to field right now.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Baun never spent a second in Rockford. He was always with the Hawks to burn the year on his contract. No idea who you're thinking of. Maybe Kero?

He probably is thinking of Kero who lit the world on fire while in his short stint here. Something ridiculous like 9 goals in his first 10 games before the playoffs started (literally just a guess, but I know it was something like this).

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Johns is going to be such a major upgrade on our back end that people are going to wonder out loud why he was brought up this post season (before his hand injury).

His skating, shot and physical presence is vastly superior than any of the #5/6 D guys we are trying to field right now.

Let's just hope he can stay healthy.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Quick Question on sharp: I know he's a RH shot, but has he played RW at all for you? Or is he permanently off win, or did he convert to LW because of Kane/Hossa being stapled on the right side?

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Kessel's limited NTC is believed to include eight teams he can be traded to. Prior to the trade deadline, TSN reported those eight teams were believed to be: Boston; Chicago; Los Angeles; Minnesota; Montreal; New York Rangers; Philadelphia; and Pittsburgh.

http://www.tsn.ca/mckenzie-on-free-agents-trades-and-more-1.307528

Also some good Reilly stuff in there. Boy, it would be really hard for Toronto to trade Kessel to a team on that list and get value. Everyone is pretty much capped out.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011
He probably is thinking of Kero who lit the world on fire while in his short stint here. Something ridiculous like 9 goals in his first 10 games before the playoffs started (literally just a guess, but I know it was something like this).

I was thinking of Kero. That's my bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad