Salary Cap: Salary Cap: 2015 - insert witty title here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saints11

Jan 24, 2012
Pittsburgh
I realize a lot of people are skeptical about Plotnikov's ability to adapt to the North American game. I would echo that if he played a typical European/Russian style. However, he looks more like a Western Canadian farm boy. The idea of playing him with 71 & 72 to me is redundant since he and Hornqvist both play below the net. Since it looks like Kunitz is being "gifted" the first line LW, I guess he will be on the third line, unless they continue the ridiculous 3rd line RW status for Perron. For my money, I think Plotnikov should skate with 87 & 81. He is big, physical, and goes to the net much better than 14. But, I guess that doesn't matter. This team needs both 13 & 16 on the ice.

catnip

Jan 5, 2015
Plotnikov on the first line would leave us with a killer second line: Kunitz-Malkin-Hornqvist. :help:

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Ehrhoff would have got 4 million again if he didn't develop a pudding brain. No team wants that risk.

Ehrhoff is a solid offensive defenseman, who was partially misused here.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Ehrhoff would have got 4 million again if he didn't develop a pudding brain. No team wants that risk.

Ehrhoff is a solid offensive defenseman, who was partially misused here.

He's SOFF. Always was, always will be.
Pens front office infatuation with PMD'S has killed are chances at competing for cups.

Saints11

Jan 24, 2012
Pittsburgh
The Pens are on the verge of developing a good forward group, if they don't depend on those over 35. The problem is that they are delusional if they think they will be competitive with their defensive core, especially if they keep 4 & 55.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Pens are on the verge of developing a good forward group, if they don't depend on those over 35. The problem is that they are delusional if they think they will be competitive with their defensive core, especially if they keep 4 & 55.

Gonchar isn't even signed yet, so I don't understand the "If they keep 55" part. I'm preparing myself for the inevitable Perron for 2nd pair D trade that's going to happen in December.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I can stomach moving Perron if they get a good D-man for him and they keep Sprong.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I can stomach moving Perron if they get a good D-man for him and they keep Sprong.

Do you mean keep Sprong as in keep Sprong in the NHL or keep Sprong as in not trade Sprong?

I could see the Pens going after any of Campbell, Hamhuis or Russel at some point this year. I would love for the Pens to go after Edler on Vancouver, but they'd never trade him.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Do you mean keep Sprong as in keep Sprong in the NHL or keep Sprong as in not trade Sprong?

I could see the Pens going after any of Campbell, Hamhuis or Russel at some point this year. I would love for the Pens to go after Edler on Vancouver, but they'd never trade him.

Keep Sprong in the NHL.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I thought Ehrhoff was fine last year when he played. He's slow and not much of an offensive threat any more but he was solid positionally and a decent passer.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
The best part about all of this is Shero spent forever trying to draft and develop an elite blue line at the expense of skilled wingers and now our defense blows but we have the wingers.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
If Pouliot doesn't make an impact in the next 2-3 years, Shero should be ashamed of what he left us.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
If Pouliot doesn't make an impact in the next 2-3 years, Shero should be ashamed of what he left us.

He should already be ashamed of the state he left this team in when he left us. Pouliot potentially not panning out it just the ****-icing on the ****-cake.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The worst part of Pouliot struggling is that it probably means that we're going to keep Scuderi. Maatta, Letang, Cole, Lovejoy, Dumoulin, Clendening, Scuderi and either Gonchar or one of the AHL D we signed...that's your D for this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad