Saginaw Spirit 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 2)

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Never intent with the Saginaw players it's never their fault lol
Do you have eyes???? Go watch the OHL replay, if you can navigate your way to it... He clearly threw his broken stick into the boards and it bounced off, towards the ref. Now ,I do not know what was said, but the actual act was not a stick thrown at the ref.

Last edited:

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
It will be a game misconduct:

1714254946838.png

Reactions: rve24

Jay R

Mar 30, 2024
Do you have eyes???? Go watch the OHL replay, if you can navigate your way to it... He clearly threw his broken stick into the boards and it bounced off, towards the ref. Now ,I do not know what was said, but the actual act was not a stick thrown at the ref.
If it went towards the ref they don't care they'll say he was attempting to throw it in that direction. On another note why the lengthy delay on the Guo suspension announcement

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
The game misconduct was called when he picked his broken shaft up and skated to the official at the penalty box area and tossed his stick to the ice at the feet of the official there. That is when he made the call of a game misconduct

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
If it went towards the ref they don't care they'll say he was attempting to throw it in that direction. On another note why the lengthy delay on the Guo suspension announcement
Because it will be crazy punitive, as it should be. There is no need to rush it. I'm sure the Spirit have been told to not expect him the rest of the OHL playoffs ++. No need to rush a decision if that much is known.

Reactions: DWI Dale and rve24

dino200022

It was listed as an abuse of official penalty on the official score sheet. This penalty garners an automatic 2 game suspension no matter if it is a 2, 5 or a 10.

We will see what happens though since Daddy Hache is in charge of handing those things out...

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I agree what I saw was BS and nothing but the OHL well who knows?

dino200022

I agree what I saw was BS and nothing but the OHL well who knows?
So if I do not mean to trip someone it is not a trip? If I did not intend to highstick you then it should not be a highsticking penalty? I did not mean to kick the puck in so it should be a goal? I did not mean to go offside so the goal stands?

Whether you meant to or not a stick you threw hit the ref in the leg.

Reactions: Jay R

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
It was listed as an abuse of official penalty on the official score sheet. This penalty garners an automatic 2 game suspension no matter if it is a 2, 5 or a 10.

We will see what happens though since Daddy Hache is in charge of handing those things out...
If it's an automatic 2, then it can be bought back. Daddy or no daddy

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
The OHL is a total joke when it comes to rule enforcement. So we can buy pack a player given a 10 minute penalty for abusing a ref, Ivan Prosvetov golf balls a puck in a playoff game and no buyback?

So what kind of penalizing sum does this nonsense cost?

It's no wonder why fans are skepicial of what goes on behind closed doors.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I think we sometimes hold a kangaroo court on these boards and come to our own verdict. The league how ever is a different ball game. Trying to guess they way they think an office in some unknown city is a mystery. Hardly ever comes down to what fans are throwing around. Personally it's best if both teams have full squads going into a game. Gives a better perspective of the coaching and skill level of both teams.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Either 1. the call should never have been made because video shows he threw the broken shaft into the boards and bounced off the boards and into the field of play.

or 2. something else happend on top of that outburst to qualify "abuse" of an official.

Dollars let him walk in that case... much like justice systems everywhere. It is where and when this practice is accepted and where it is not that is a cloudy puddle.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I think there are certain suspensions that can't be bought back as for which one I have no clue
To much grey area in what constitutes a buy back penalty. If we can do it with Dionicio that’s a no brainer and why we didn’t buy back Hache makes no sense.
Sounds like Parekh could be back.
Have to come out of London 1-1. Time for a big effort from everyone. Stay out of the box both first 2 goals were PP. Go Spirit!!!

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Because that's not one that could be bought back
I mean yes I get that. My question was more which automatic ones can be bought back and which can’t?

Carson Harmer making his debut in the western conference finals. Listed on the 4th line.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I mean yes I get that. My question was more which automatic ones can be bought back and which can’t?

Carson Harmer making his debut in the western conference finals. Listed on the 4th line.
My understanding of the rule is that only automatic suspensions can be bought back. The stick incident should be considered a Category 3 that comes with an automatic 3 game suspension. I can't see anything in the OHL rule book that states a slew foot is an automatic 2 games. Anything requiring a review cannot be bought back, which I believe would encompass the slew foot

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
QUOTE="Buttsy, post: 195213419, member: 256601"]
Trust me this is not the team (London Knights) the OHL wants to win this year! Just check in on the Lawrence suspension from the past round. A message was being sent on behalf of the league to the Knights.
[/QUOTE]

soo fans were called "conspiratorial" and whiny for suggesting as much. not saying I agree with the conspiracy, but I find it funny now the shoe is on the other foot. either way, saginaw has been the beneficiary of some bad ref/league decisions this playoffs. whether that's because of hache, because they're the hosts, or anything else is up for debate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad