Saginaw Spirit 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 2)

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Spirit prospect William Horcoff (2007) has committed to Michigan. Big dude but not much offensively. Likely wants to take the long route to develop. More interested in trying to recruit the other NTDP 07 Trethewey.

Reactions: tjziel

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Enjoy the conf. finals and hopefully an entertaining series for all.

BThumme

Oct 2, 2023
I didn't think there would be a scenario where I'd end up this salty after game 1 but here I am. London gifted a lifeline on the delay of game call, a penalty that shouldn't even be in the game. That was followed by a fluke bounce off the back boards, and then Cowan interferes with Dionicio to negate the icing and get the empty net. So frustrating.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Lol.

I came here to give kudos to Saginaw for playing 55 minutes of great hockey. But then I read that.

Don't flip the puck over the glass if you don't want a delay of game penalty.

Fluke bounce? You'll see more hard bounces like that this series. It's not a fluke It's knowing the rink.

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
1 goal is hard to depend on bad breaks or not. First 2 games were gonna be tough. Got to try and steal game 2.
Similar result to game 1 that Kitchener had. Not to think Kitchener had a chance in the series, but big regrets letting it slip away.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
First 2 games were gonna be tough.
Absolutely, to be honest it felt a bit like a "must win" for the Knights. If we couldn't beat you two nights after you all just played a Game 7 in our rink it would have been a huge momentum swing. Now having said that Game 2 is up for grabs as you should be better rested and any rust should be off our blades. Game On .....

Similar result to game 1 that Kitchener had. Not to think Kitchener had a chance in the series, but big regrets letting it slip away.
Mike Fartwell picked you all to win in 7? Hmm ....... LOL, someone thought you had a chance? Sorry after his wining on his OHL Podcast lost all respect for him.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
If Dionicio and Guo are suspended and Perekh is still hurt, wait does the D look like for game two?

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
No intent on Dionicio, he threw the top half of the broken stick into the boards and it bounced off in the direction of the ref.
Intent was ruled on the ice or else it would have been a minor, should be automatic review by the league commissioner.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I am waiting for a few of our guys to start putting the puck in the net. We know it better happen it’s sooner than later

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Intent was ruled on the ice or else it would have been a minor, should be automatic review by the league commissioner.
the call was misconduct... not game misconduct... I am scrambled trying to interpret the OHL rules. In my world a misconduct is a 10 minute penalty added to a 5 minute major. a game misconduct is the player is out for remainder of present game and the following... help me here.

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
the call was misconduct... not game misconduct... I am scrambled trying to interpret the OHL rules. In my world a misconduct is a 10 minute penalty added to a 5 minute major. a game misconduct is the player is out for remainder of present game and the following... help me here.
A 10 can be with a minor, a major, or on it's own. Depending on the infraction it can be reviewed, could also be a big nothing burger.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00