Pre-Game Talk: Sabres vs Leafs: Nov 4, 7pm, SN & CBC

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Knies and domi are the dead weight.. what?

Talking about Reaves... the 4th line was getting caved in, it was a guaranteed goal against every game they were together.

Gregor - Kampf - Reaves was terrible.

I'd love to have Kampf as 4C.

Yeah Mitch and Auston.

Jarnkrok had a few good looks and I thought he forechecked well.

I don't want to be a 2 line team... but ya, overall, we may need to adjust the lineup soon. Would still like to see Nylander running his own line and Tavares with 2 skilled grinders, I think he works best with them.

Kampf as 3C is really bad, Holmberg at least has offensive skill, it'd give us more options.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I’d put Benoit in. Sit Holmberg tonight. Play Gregor at 3C and give Clifford a game on the 4LW. Maybe it’ll wake Reaves up a bit.

Reactions: PromisedLand

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I’d put Benoit in. Sit Holmberg tonight. Play Gregor at 3C and give Clifford a game on the 4LW. Maybe it’ll wake Reaves up a bit.

Holmberg is the only reason the 4th line is decent right now... just sit Reaves if you are doing this. Benoit sucks.

Gregor is also a really bad version of Kapanen.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Holmberg is the only reason the 4th line is decent right now... just sit Reaves if you are doing this. Benoit sucks.

Gregor is also a really bad version of Kapanen.

I think Reaves would be great if he plays like he did in game 1/2. Whether he’s not because of the coaching staff or because of him is left to find out. Also Gregor has been the best surprise of this year so far for me. I thought he’s been great and has higher skill than I thought he would

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I think Reaves would be great if he plays like he did in game 1/2. Whether he’s not because of the coaching staff or because of him is left to find out. Also Gregor has been the best surprise of this year so far for me. I thought he’s been great and has higher skill than I thought he would

He had a good shift in those two games... if you want to win, you still don't play him, but if you like rough stuff, ya hopefully he gets back to that.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If I'm the Sabers coach, my dressing room speech would basically be "Hit these guys every chance you can. They're soft and will slink away with no pushback."

They already do that. Cozens is going to be all over our guys and Dahlin is going to be engaging in crosscheck fest with Matthews.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Biggest thing Gregor had done is shine a light as to how slow everyone outside of Nylander else is 😅

Reactions: TMLife17

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
We should win this game, b2b for sabres.

Need domi,bertuzzi and klingberg to step up now.

Maybe just my mood talking but I could see a lengthy losing streak incoming and tough roster decisions to be made over the next two weeks leading up to Sweden and probably carrying over with the travel fatigue.

The blueline was garbage to begin with and is even more beat up and missing key pieces and there’s zero chemistry and bad vibes are hanging around after LA and Boston. I’m just not seeing a foundation of stability where they’ll right the ship in a hurry and get in a good groove.

NastyKnies

Feb 20, 2010
Canada
Talking about Reaves... the 4th line was getting caved in, it was a guaranteed goal against every game they were together.

Gregor - Kampf - Reaves was terrible.

I'd love to have Kampf as 4C.

Jarnkrok had a few good looks and I thought he forechecked well.

I don't want to be a 2 line team... but ya, overall, we may need to adjust the lineup soon. Would still like to see Nylander running his own line and Tavares with 2 skilled grinders, I think he works best with them.

Kampf as 3C is really bad, Holmberg at least has offensive skill, it'd give us more options.
fair enough, yeah I here ya. alot of question marks this season

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Maybe just my mood talking but I could see a lengthy losing streak incoming and tough roster decisions to be made over the next two weeks leading up to Sweden and probably carrying over with the travel fatigue.

The blueline was garbage to begin with and is even more beat up and missing key pieces and there’s zero chemistry and bad vibes are hanging around after LA and Boston. I’m just not seeing a foundation of stability where they’ll right the ship in a hurry and get in a good groove.
Maybe that’s what the team needs for future success. Maybe management needs a major wake up about this team and what a mess it is

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019

I think we will see the opposite. Toronto has a pretty soft schedule this week against not great defensive teams (Buffalo, Tampa, Ottawa, Calgary and Vancouver), all at home. I will be surprised if they go anything less than 4-1, and it looks like a good stretch of games for the offensive players to thrive. Buffalo takes a lot of penalties, so I think the Leafs' power play is going to feast on them tonight, especially with Buffalo's goaltending.

Reactions: 666

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
If the Scotiabank crowd was made up of hfboards posters tonight, they would be meowing when the Leafs hit the ice.

they were booed of the ice the last home game, then the non-resoonse in the bruins game after lily got injured and they played like trash with McAvoy out and still couldn't score goals with Keefe galaxy-braining the OT again starting Kampf

I wonder if its the "suits" or the crazy fans in teh building tonight. Bud are gonna hear if its the latter and they are half assing their shifts tonight

Domi scores tonight. Just picked him in Timmie's and I've never picked him before.

umm... family friends or cab/uber?

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Trev should have called up McMann instead of Benoit to give the bottom 6 a different look by subbing him in for either Reaves or Gregor and swapping Kampf and Holmberg. Also Jarnkrok needs to come off the Matthews-Marner line before it can really get going offensively. If Keefe isn't going to trust Bertuzzi to play on line 1 at 5v5, Knies needs a look there.

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Jarnkrok/Bertuzzi-Tavares-Nylander
Domi-Holmberg-Bertuzzi/Jarnkrok
McMann-Kampf-Reaves or Gregor

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Man that D is looking rough. Silver lining is maybe one of these young guys get a legit shot and surprise everyone. Leafs need a couple d man to come up and prove it right now.

Knies should be on the top line too.

I really don't like the forward lines I'd like to see.... I really think Leafs should create match-up problems for the opposition; especially with last change Leafs have options at home

Knies-Matthews-Jankrok
Domi-Nylander-Marner
Bertuzzi-Tavares-Gregor
Holmberg-Kampf-Reaves (Kampf provides more stability to the 4th line as a defnesive center IMO)

OR
top two lines as is and
Tavares-Kampf-Bertuzzi
Gregor-Holmberg-Reaves

DO NOT overplay matthews-marner; keep their mins in check; and let the best lines get the most minutes; spread the offense/minutes among the top 3 lines

I think we've gotta start prepping Willy as a Tavares replacement ASAP for when JT is off the cap.

Boy they do not like Benoit it seems, 10th (counting Timmins presumably ahead as well) on depth scale of a D that’s only 6 deep

Beniot was terrible in the preseason. And top pf that when he was given opportunity to right his wrongs after a terrible game filled will really bad defensive judgments and penalties; he repeated the same thing the following game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad