Pre-Game Talk: Sabres vs Jets Jan 10 2:00CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Kane-and-Bogosian-in-Wpg-300x145.jpg

Kane and Bogosian chats with media today. Bogosian denied telling Cox he requested a trade but didn't deny actually requesting trade.

To listen click here.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
I hope everyone in Winnipeg is rolling out the red carpet for Tim Murray. That man better not have to pay for a drink or a meal while he's in town.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
Yep Murray really set us up for a cup run,... I mean perennial playoff contender.... I mean solid playoff appearances for years to come... I mean constant bubble team.

Wait, what changed again?

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Go ahead, have your fun. Like I said though it will make him feel important.

I agree that the absolute biggest snub WPG could have done of Kane is to ignore him. Boo Eichel (or whoever), give Bogo one mini cheer and absolutely nothing for Evander.
BUT... that's not going to happen so we my as well embrace the Track Suits and chants.

One thing to keep in mind is that Kane is likely going to run over a few of our players. He's very physical and laid out lots of opponents when he played for us. Hopefully Buff can catch him with a legal hit and put him head first into a players box :handclap:

Really want to win this one!!! Goals from Stafford, Myers and Armia would be like icing on the cake!

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Yep Murray really set us up for a cup run,... I mean perennial playoff contender.... I mean solid playoff appearances for years to come... I mean constant bubble team.

Wait, what changed again?

:laugh: Exactly. People act as if Myers and Stafford are world beaters. Yes Myers is an upgrade on Bogo, but enough of an upgrade to make the difference?

We Jets fans should look in the mirror at our GM before throwing shade on Tim Murray

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
It would be nice if Byfuglien drops the mitts against Kane. Hopefully Mrs. Byfuglien denies Buff sex tonight and the Starbucks or Tim Hortons where he gets his coffee tomorrow messes up his order so that Buff can take out his frustrations on the ice against Kane :sarcasm:

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
:laugh: Exactly. People act as if Myers and Stafford are world beaters. Yes Myers is an upgrade on Bogo, but enough of an upgrade to make the difference?

We Jets fans should look in the mirror at our GM before throwing shade on Tim Murray

Myers is head and shoulders above Bogosian. [mod] He plays big minutes, tough minutes, and he's been our best defenceman by a mile since about mid November.

Myers alone is a clear win for only giving up Kane and Bogo; two pretty irrelevant pieces in the scheme of things. On top of that, Stafford is fine in his role. Whether anyone else proves fruitful at some point is gravy. There aren't many times nowadays when a true fleecing happens in the NHL. This one fits the bill.

Last edited by a moderator:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Myers is head and shoulders above Bogosian. I mean, do you watch the games? He plays big minutes, tough minutes, and he's been our best defenceman by a mile since about mid November.

Myers alone is a clear win for only giving up Kane and Bogo; two pretty irrelevant pieces in the scheme of things. On top of that, Stafford is fine in his role. Whether anyone else proves fruitful at some point is gravy. There aren't many times nowadays when a true fleecing happens in the NHL. This one fits the bill.

Myers is better than Bogo but he is a "moderate upgrade". I'd rather have paid that money to Frolik that we did to Stafford. Armia and Lemeuix are question marks. To early to tell with Roslovic. Either way no matter how you spin the trade was far from a "fleecing"

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
No, it's not. There are 19 players with more than 11 goals. It is tied for 20th, which is still pretty good.

Depends how you look at the numbers. ;)

1. 20 goals
2. 16 goals - 2 players
3. 15 goals
4. 14 goals - 3 players
5. 13 goals - 4 players
6. 12 goals - 8 players
7. 11 goals - 13 players (#55 and #18)

Edit: I do realize that this is spin.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
Myers is head and shoulders above Bogosian. [mod] He plays big minutes, tough minutes, and he's been our best defenceman by a mile since about mid November.

Lol if you say so. Myers worth Kane and bogo. Priceless

Last edited by a moderator:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Myers is better than Bogo but he is a "moderate upgrade". I'd rather have paid that money to Frolik that we did to Stafford. Armia and Lemeuix are question marks. To early to tell with Roslovic. Either way no matter how you spin the trade was far from a "fleecing"

It trade was a pretty big win any way you slice it. Myers is an upgrade from Bogo and Stafford is producing more than Kane. Kane is only a couple years from UFA status and will want to be over paid even more than he is now. Never mind Lemieux, Armia and Roslovic all have really nice potential. It is a moderate win now with the potential to be a huge win in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad