Post-Game Talk (GBU): Sabres vs. Jets 3/3/20 8:00 PM EST

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Looking back at the carousel since Lindy... Disco is the best of the rest.

5 Garden Gloves
3 Return of the Nolan
1 Disco
4 House-less
2 Nightmare on Chippewa Street
RK in 2nd? he had the best players of them all..that's why Nolan is at least ahead of him for me

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Looking back at the carousel since Lindy... Disco is the best of the rest.

5 Garden Gloves
3 Return of the Nolan
1 Disco
4 House-less
2 Nightmare on Chippewa Street

Nolan had the worst roster out of all the coaches, but got the most out of his players. I’d venture to guess, with a roster at the level of Dan, he gets the team firmly in the playoffs.

5 Garden Gloves
1 Return of the Nolan
2 Disco
4 House-less
3 Nightmare in Chippewa Street

Reactions: debaser66

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
not watching the game, but just saw the clip of the Risto goal. I still think they should try converting him to power forward? he's almost the only guy on the team who can drive the net with the puck, and he's shown on the PP that he's good in front of the net too. might as well give it a try. you can @ me but I'm about to log out : )

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
not watching the game, but just saw the clip of the Risto goal. I still think they should try converting him to power forward? he's almost the only guy on the team who can drive the net with the puck, and he's shown on the PP that he's good in front of the net too. might as well give it a try. you can @ me but I'm about to log out : )

No lie there, the man is a powerforward playing D. Brent Burns him. We're in garbage time now, which means this is the time to try weird things and see if they work.

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY

There is a small contingent of us who have been championing that idea, for similar reasons. We hear a lot about how dumb of an idea it is. But he can’t play defense and apparently has shit for trade value (so I’m not sure the “tanking of his trade value” by him trying and failing at wing really matters).

-Remove him from hurting the defense/team
-Solve the excess RHD problem
-Address the lack of RW talent after Reinhart
-Address the (until Lazar and Simmonds and even then...yuck) complete lack of size, physically, and willingness to go within ten feet of the crease in the forward corps
-He actually has some offensive talent
-His decision making is poor so offer him the simplest set of positional responsibilities

At this point there’s nothing to lose. Nobody else wants him anyway.

Reactions: dire wolf

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hutton's been good tonight. The d-zone coverage remains a part live fire exercise, part fire drill.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
What are they gonna do for 2010s night? Blow up the arena?

What highlights do they really have after 2010-2012 for the video package?

"Hey, look at all these awesome goals Jack's scored while we've wasted the first 5 years of his career!"

Reactions: valet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad