Confirmed with Link: Sabres vs Bluejackets in Kraft hockeyville game Sept 25th

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I'm familiar with Clinton Street but not Clinton, NY. I'll look it up the location but is it inside the NHL's Sabres broadcast area? And what's the nearby hockey association?

Geez..... Its right in the NE corner of the State at the top of Lake Champlain. They're probably Montreal fans up there! :D

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
I'm familiar with Clinton Street but not Clinton, NY. I'll look it up the location but is it inside the NHL's Sabres broadcast area? And what's the nearby hockey association?

Geez..... Its right in the NE corner of the State at the top of Lake Champlain. They're probably Montreal fans up there! :D
Just outside of Utica and home of the old Clinton Comets of the Eastern Hockey League in the 1950s and 1960s.

Onry

Mar 6, 2006
Latest local chatter is that this will land in the Utica Memorial Auditorium because the Clinton Arena has completely inadequate facilities for professionals, there are virtually no concessions, and it holds 1500+/-. The Audio would be far better, so we'll see

SharkInABoloTie

Sponsor
Mar 8, 2016
The Heart of Darkness
Latest local chatter is that this will land in the Utica Memorial Auditorium because the Clinton Arena has completely inadequate facilities for professionals, there are virtually no concessions, and it holds 1500+/-. The Audio would be far better, so we'll see
The whole point of the event is that $100k(?) is donated to renovating the rink/building and bringing NHL to a needy hockey community.

Reactions: Chainshot

aceface33

Feb 10, 2006
Herkimer, NY
Oh, and while this is Sabres TV territory officially you'll find as many Rangers fans around here as you will Sabres fans. Right around here is far enough East that people start gravitating towards downstate for their sporting allegiance. It's 50/50 Bills and NY Giants fans too (with a few oddball Jets fans mixed in).

Onry

Mar 6, 2006
The whole point of the event is that $100k(?) is donated to renovating the rink/building and bringing NHL to a needy hockey community.

Agreed. I have no problem being at the Aud as long as the Clinton Arena gets all of the love. It needs it badly.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Seems we've played in the majority of these
Canadian Kraft Hockeyville was launched in 2006 - Sabres played in the 2008 game in Roberval, Quebec vs Montreal and the 2010 game in Dundas, Ontario vs Ottawa. The American Kraft Hockeyville was launched in 2015. This will be the Sabres second game in that series with the first being in 2016 where they played Carolina in Marquette, Michigan.

Other notes - According to a couple of articles I read - its $150,000 that Clinton Arena will be getting with the upgrades being done are on the roof, seating, locker room and concessions.

Last edited:

Onry

Mar 6, 2006
Just read in the Utica NY paper that the official site of this game will be the Clinton Arena after a two month reconsideration of two other possible local venues which would have been the Utica Aud (named something else now, of course) or Colgate University in Hamilton, NY.

It's official: Clinton Arena will host NHL game

Reactions: LaxSabre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad