Confirmed with Link: Sabres sign G Devin Cooley 1 year deal

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I was super impressed with his limited preseason action. I thought about my wild prediction being that Cooley establishes himself as a viable NHL backup by the end of the year.

That would imply that the Sabres brainiacs are willing to play him and that he manages to be good when that happens. I don't see the first happening to facilitate him doing the second. It would be fun if it happened. But that stretches my sense of credulity.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
That would imply that the Sabres brainiacs are willing to play him and that he manages to be good when that happens. I don't see the first happening to facilitate him doing the second. It would be fun if it happened. But that stretches my sense of credulity.
They may not have a choice if this rate of injuries keeps up.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
They may not have a choice if this rate of injuries keeps up.

With the talk that Levi is back at practice Tuesday, it seems like they ride UPLol and wait for their white knight to save them upon his return. I'd be shocked if Cooley gets minutes unless the Avs game gets really out of hand early, and even then Don has left goalies to roast in the fires of team and personally collapse. *shrug*

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
With the talk that Levi is back at practice Tuesday, it seems like they ride UPLol and wait for their white knight to save them upon his return. I'd be shocked if Cooley gets minutes unless the Avs game gets really out of hand early, and even then Don has left goalies to roast in the fires of team and personally collapse. *shrug*
Yeah, that seems to be the long and short of it. I have a feeling he’ll get his chance eventually though - he’s got some real swagger going right now.

Reactions: Chainshot

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005

Yeah. That's why it wasn't my wild prediction. But I hope he gets a shot at some point

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I was super impressed with his limited preseason action. I thought about my wild prediction being that Cooley establishes himself as a viable NHL backup by the end of the year.
I mean he's been UPL bad in Rochester so I don't see how this works out for us when our backup and starter are over a 3.5GAA however his SV% is better than UPL which should merrit a start, perhaps tomorrow.

Colorado shooting on UPL... Help us hockey gods.. please.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
It’ll never happen but man would I like to see KA use our logjam of assets for a Saros trade if he’s serious about us competing from now on.

Reactions: Sabre the Win

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad