GDT: Sabres @ Seattle 10 PM EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550 - It's Not Over

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I know there's a lot of admiration for the Seattle franchise around the league but I enjoy watching them lose.

Especially with Grubauer (It's never MY fault) in net.

The Sabres weathered the 3rd period storm by Seattle. They could have had 3 or 4 goals if the puck bounced differently.

I especially enjoyed watching Byram pick a centering pass or dump out of the air and immediately transition the other way.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Good:

Bryson has been playing very, very well for a long while now. Always had a soft spot for that shorty.

Skinner. The man can score goals at even strength like few others can.

Bo has loads of intangibles that other guys in this team just don’t have.

Greenway. Consistently being EXACTLY what this team needs lately.

Bad:

Cozens mentally collapsed there for most of the game. He’d been playing well for a while too. Weird. It’s like he becomes completely incapable of playing hockey. Levi needs to teach this guy how to meditate. Seriously. He’s in his head. Just play the game. Have some fun. Compete.

Ugly:

Dunleavy is the most boring announcer I’ve ever come across. There’s no energy in his call whatsoever. Skinner scored a hattrick and he might as well have just said, “Goal. Sabres….Yay team.” He didn’t even know the guy has 3 goals in the game. Pay attention.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Turns out I only needed to stay up for the 1st. Judging by the condensed game, Seattle left us with a lot of room on the rush.
Defense buzzing around the apposing net?
Getting the 1st line going
UPL tightening up after a shaky start is a great sign. Can't believe the nickname UberPecker is already taken. What are the odds.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Brysam
Good:

Bryson has been playing very, very well for a long while now. Always had a soft spot for that shorty.

Skinner. The man can score goals at even strength like few others can.

Bo has loads of intangibles that other guys in this team just don’t have.

Greenway. Consistently being EXACTLY what this team needs lately.

Bad:

Cozens mentally collapsed there for most of the game. He’d been playing well for a while too. Weird. It’s like he becomes completely incapable of playing hockey. Levi needs to teach this guy how to meditate. Seriously. He’s in his head. Just play the game. Have some fun. Compete.

Ugly:

Dunleavy is the most boring announcer I’ve ever come across. There’s no energy in his call whatsoever. Skinner scored a hattrick and he might as well have just said, “Goal. Sabres….Yay team.” He didn’t even know the guy has 3 goals in the game. Pay attention.
my uncle works during a lot of the games so he listens only. He is one of those guys who just doesn’t say anything negative about anyone, but even he had to say that he’s been having a hard time even figuring out what friggin zone the team is in during Dan’s calls. Benson gets a chance around the net and somehow in the next sentence, UPL has to make a save. He leaves out huge chunks of the game.

If you hear an interview with him, it’s shocking. A super smart and interesting guy. You’d never know he’s the worst play by play guy the league has ever seen.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Skinner could of had like 5 goals and a couple assists if people finished some of his passes.

Girgensons had a great game as well

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
First star of the game goes to Greenway. PK'd, was net front for 2 of the goals, and got Skinner the hat trick.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Brysam

my uncle works during a lot of the games so he listens only. He is one of those guys who just doesn’t say anything negative about anyone, but even he had to say that he’s been having a hard time even figuring out what friggin zone the team is in during Dan’s calls. Benson gets a chance around the net and somehow in the next sentence, UPL has to make a save. He leaves out huge chunks of the game.

If you hear an interview with him, it’s shocking. A super smart and interesting guy. You’d never know he’s the worst play by play guy the league has ever seen.

Dan's a good human but not exactly an artist at announcing. He has some fun goal calls that he uses (likely a nod to RJ's many nicknames) but as a radio announcer you feel more or less lost whereas even in his final year RJ could still give you adequate flow to understand where it was on the ice. (In RJ's prime you could "watch" a game on radio)

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Went dinner for breakfast, minced pork, basil and chilies with a fried egg over rice so they have no excuse for a slow start
Dinner for breakfast? I have heard of breakfast for dinner, but not the former. You just want to watch the world burn, don't you?

Seriously though, i had a SPG fillet mignon steak with some rye toast and runny eggs. One of the best breakfasts i've ever had.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Dinner for breakfast? I have heard of breakfast for dinner, but not the former. You just want to watch the world burn, don't you?

Seriously though, i had a SPG fillet mignon steak with some rye toast and runny eggs. One of the best breakfasts i've ever had.
Asians for the most part don't have foods designated as breakfast, they just eat whatever they want when they want. With another 9am game tomorrow I might just do the bakery for ham and cheese croissants and grab 3 fried drumsticks to chill in the fridge for dinner.

Steak and eggs transcend meal designators even though a proper steakhouse would be aghast if you tried ordering it

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
{Jack Edwards gestures vaguely, bottle in hand}
Jack Edwards isn't drunk, he has a neurological disorder.

Asians for the most part don't have foods designated as breakfast, they just eat whatever they want when they want. With another 9am game tomorrow I might just do the bakery for ham and cheese croissants and grab 3 fried drumsticks to chill in the fridge for dinner.

Steak and eggs transcend meal designators even though a proper steakhouse would be aghast if you tried ordering it
Was Pano's a proper steakhouse?

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Brysam

We were spoiled by RJ in a lot of ways. One was having a great radio guy end up doing the combined TV/Radio broadcast. It meant we got incredibly vivid descriptions of the play. So much so, you could easily envision what was happening.

I’m pretty sure we’d have a hard time following games if we listened to many of the TV broadcasts around the league. There is an art/skill to radio only work.

How many teams still have split broadcasts?

Last edited:

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

I'm cooking up 2 filet mignon steaks for dinner tonight. Will have eggs with it. I only get one meal a day. Gotta admit I am loving this Carnivore Diet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad