TBN: Sabres refusal to salute fans after wins confirmed-Harrington

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I don't blame them for me it's all on Adams. He can talk about effort and compete all he wants at the end of the day it's a lack of talent/roster construction. These guys are pro hockey players and are competitive by nature.

Unless I missed something the goal this year was never playoffs. At some point sustainable winning and building long term success has to bridge to short term success. Going into the season without quinn and no replacement was a bad miscalculation.

Even running with Benson who has been fun to watch was probably foolish. How many teams in the league does he get a spot on this year out of camp?

I really don't think the team has underachieved to any degree. It makes sense that they are salty at the entire situation. They are playing hard, doing the best they can but they do not have the talent to win night in and night out.

I'm really hoping this is the last year where the only plan is hope.
If this season is “doing the best they can” then blow it up and start over, they aren’t it

Reactions: 5 Minute Major

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
The saddest thing is that the Sabres could not win enough at home to make this a statement so they had to leak it to the media otherwise run the risk of the fans not knowing.

At home, the home coach picks the matchups which is an advantage on top of no travel, sleep in your own bed, and knowing the rink and its bounces.

You could even set up the rink walls to get better bounces.

And still can’t win. Let aside start the game with pop
But it’s the fans fault

You can get tickets for todays game for 40 bucks

SabresNorth

Nov 6, 2021
If this season is “doing the best they can” then blow it up and start over, they aren’t it
Second youngest team in the league.. I was frustrated in the fall when we went in without upgrading the roster but did anyone think we were a playoff lock going in? Guys like boeser were rumored available but the strategy was patience. If that doesn't change it could be more of the same next year too..

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Second youngest team in the league.. I was frustrated in the fall when we went in without upgrading the roster but did anyone think we were a playoff lock going in? Guys like boeser were rumored available but the strategy was patience. If that doesn't change it could be more of the same next year too..
Playoff lock? No.

Playoff contender? Yes.

Out of realistic playoff contention by the all star break? No.

Reactions: Team Cozens

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
This is another example of why the vets need to go. They are not good leadership
Yup, like who made this decision??? Okposo is the captain and should lead these younger players. He has been terrible player and a horrible leader. Can't believe they still give him PP time. This team will never succeed under him.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
It's exhausting to keep up on all of things we need to be outraged about this team. I don't give a shit about the salute. I give a shit about winning but i also give a shit about the context in which this team is struggling. We are young. Period. I don't see how anyone can look at this team right now and say "yeah we are still as bad as we were at the start of the season." The defensive structure is starting to stick and it's rounding out their game. We have recently lost games where we have been the better team or at least as good as the opponent. It's frustrating. It's painful. It's disappointing. It's really hard not to give up on this team, but i don't think it's as bleak as it all may seem. Just my opinion and i know many many others feel very strongly otherwise.

I would also point out that while this may be a huge misstep on whatever veteran leader made this statement, i think i can also understand the mindset of "protect the kids." Whether right or wrong, i can understand that reasoning - if it is the reasoning behind the statement.

Anyways, i am done ranting.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
It's exhausting to keep up on all of things we need to be outraged about this team. I don't give a shit about the salute. I give a shit about winning but i also give a shit about the context in which this team is struggling. We are young. Period. I don't see how anyone can look at this team right now and say "yeah we are still as bad as we were at the start of the season." The defensive structure is starting to stick and it's rounding out their game. We have recently lost games where we have been the better team or at least as good as the opponent. It's frustrating. It's painful. It's disappointing. It's really hard not to give up on this team, but i don't think it's as bleak as it all may seem. Just my opinion and i know many many others feel very strongly otherwise.

I would also point out that while this may be a huge misstep on whatever veteran leader made this statement, i think i can also understand the mindset of "protect the kids." Whether right or wrong, i can understand that reasoning - if it is the reasoning behind the statement.

Anyways, i am done ranting.
we've been like top 10 in 5v5 goal differential the past 25 games. We've had the best goal differential % when leading, and just middle of the pack when trailing.

People say the booing has nothing to do with the drought, but it definitely does. If they play their hearts out and lose because of a bad bounce, they'll still be booed.

Special teams is killing us, and while its certainly frustrating that is hasnt been fixed, the team as a whole isn't as "broken" as its being made out to be.

Reactions: 1point21Gigawatts

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
They don't want to salute.
200.webp

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
While I agree with the premise that the team isn’t responsible for the playoff drought, they are responsible for ending it.

If they show up and play hard, and miss the playoffs, they wouldn’t get booed.
Probably a broken record in this thread, but Sean McDermott's opening press conference should be played on a loop 1984-style in that locker room.

The lack of give-a-s*** from this group is truly remarkable for a bunch of guys who have proven nothing.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Did they lose to the 40 point ducks today because the fans were being meanies?
Nah they lost because for one night only Gibson turned into a vezina candidate just like most goaltenders do against us. That and UPL turned into a pumpkin. Not his fault though, he has been great and one bad game doesn't erase that. He can't count on the team in front of him bailing him out from a bad performance.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I just came here to post the link to that article. That quote is 100% Kyle Okposo and I can’t wait for him to be gone. He doesn’t get it and never will.
I hope Overratedposo gets traded to SJ 🤣

Did they lose to the 40 point ducks today because the fans were being meanies?
According to some. If they don't like it too damned bad, talk to your idiots in management about why they didn't go get a veteran goalie to replace Andy when he retired. UPL is NHL ready but Levi isn't there yet, even a fan in the stands would have at least done that last summer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad