Recalled/Assigned: Sabres Recall Luke Adam and Brayden McNabb

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Amerks may have gotten better swapping out Larsson and Risto for Adam and McNabb.

DixonWard15

Sep 27, 2011
Am I the only one still holding out hope for Luke Adam??? He is only 23, I think he could reclaim his NHL career this season under new management/coaching.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres
NEWS ALERT: #Sabres President of Hockey Operations Pat LaFontaine announces Luke Adam, Brayden McNabb have been recalled from @AmerksHockey.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Am I the only one still holding out hope for Luke Adam??? He is only 23, I think he could reclaim his NHL career this season under new management/coaching.

I don't think you're crazy for that thought. Especially looking at the cycle of his career. Awesome start to rock bottom to AHL goal leader. You'd be crazy not to give him one last look IMO.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
This is it for them, I'd imagine.

I'm very interested to see how Adam responds. I'm confident McNabb will run with his shot.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
Alright. Lets see if these guys play. I'm sure Adam can skate for Scott on most nights but who is McNabb going to replace on any given night.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
This is it for them, I'd imagine.

I'm very interested to see how Adam responds. I'm confident McNabb will run with his shot.

Who sits in the Press Box with the arrival of these two? Can't imagine they'd up be in Buffalo just to be scratched.

McBain or Weber will still be in the lineup. :(

Plenty of Sabre Forwards deserve to sit.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Never understood having 14 forwards, don't see the need. Unless they're on a long road trip.

Could be useful for Nolan if he wants to send messages by scratching players. Knowing there's a guy who could take his place if he screws up. Otherwise the options to sit players are more limited.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Alright. Lets see if these guys play. I'm sure Adam can skate for Scott on most nights but who is McNabb going to replace on any given night.

With Nolan placing an emphasis on giving guys the best chance to succeed, I wouldn't be surprised to see Adam given a shot on Leino's wing opposite Ott.

Moulson-Hodgson-Ennis
Adam-Leino-Ott
Foligno-Girgensons-Flynn
Tropp-McCormick-Stafford

UncleBenny

Nov 17, 2011
Defensively, no doubt. Offensively? Doubtful.

Not to discount the amount of points Adam put on the board so far this year, but he really just stands around in front of the net and bangs in dirty goals. Maybe Larrson coming down ignites a whole line instead of one guy scoring all the goals. Amerks also have the return of Porter to look forward to, overall the offense should be even better when they play tonight.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
With Nolan placing an emphasis on giving guys the best chance to succeed, I wouldn't be surprised to see Adam given a shot on Leino's wing opposite Ott.

Moulson-Hodgson-Ennis
Adam-Leino-Ott
Foligno-Girgensons-Flynn
Tropp-McCormick-Stafford

Possibly. But I don't see him dropping Stafford to the 4th line.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted. one moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip?

Good luck, boys!

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Agreed, they are better now defensively, RR and Larsson are better defensivley than Adam and McNabb

Read this as Ron Rolston at first. :laugh:

Give Adam one more shot at the NHL. Worst case scenario, it helps us get that first overall pick? I am interested to see what McNabb can do up in the NHL. I thought he played fairly well in his last stint with the big club.

toejam56

May 2, 2013
Witness protection
Not to discount the amount of points Adam put on the board so far this year, but he really just stands around in front of the net and bangs in dirty goals. Maybe Larrson coming down ignites a whole line instead of one guy scoring all the goals. Amerks also have the return of Porter to look forward to, overall the offense should be even better when they play tonight.
Dave Andreychuk had a great career standing in front of the net banging in dirty goals.
Now Luke Adam is not a pimple on Dave Andreychuk's butt...but it is his skill set.
Put Luke in a position to hover the crease. See what happens.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
With Adam and McNabb, it's not about physical immaturity with these guys anymore. They're likely done growing. It's sink or swim time. Come up, play well and continue to round out your game or be sent packing.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
Read this as Ron Rolston at first. :laugh:

Give Adam one more shot at the NHL. Worst case scenario, it helps us get that first overall pick? I am interested to see what McNabb can do up in the NHL. I thought he played fairly well in his last stint with the big club.

I just got over seeing Robyn Regehr, then it was Ron Rolston, now Rasmus Ristolainen. No more RR initials on this team, I cant keep up.

Ethan Edwards

Oct 30, 2013
PA
Not to discount the amount of points Adam put on the board so far this year, but he really just stands around in front of the net and bangs in dirty goals.
I'm not sure I get your point. You're making it sound like a negative, but I read your description (I assume you're accurate as it appears you've seen some Amerks games, which I haven't), combined with his point totals, and it sounds like a huge positive. Not just a positive, but a big improvement on his last extended stint with the Sabres, where he faded into on-ice obscurity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad