Recalled/Assigned: Sabres recall forward Brett Murray from Amerks/Rosen sent back down - Murray to Roc 12/13, back to BUF 12/14

LetsGoBuffalo1126

Nov 17, 2021
I like this move. Give Murray another (last?) chance to see if he has anything at the NHL level. He's a big body so that could be interesting, though he generally doesn't use it. I thought Rosen was good for Buffalo but will still benefit from a full-year in Rochester.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Wonder if this means Robinson is facing additional discipline for his boarding? Not sure where Murray fits otherwise and I haven't heard from the Rochester watchers that he's been lighting the A on fire.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Wonder if this means Robinson is facing additional discipline for his boarding? Not sure where Murray fits otherwise and I haven't heard from the Rochester watchers that he's been lighting the A on fire.

With Rosen demoted in a corresponding move, he just takes Rosen's place. If Robinson was facing additional discipline, I'd guess we'd go 11-7. Gotta carry 3 goalies until UPL is over his illness, and waiving Bryson wouldn't open the roster spot needed tonight.

Reactions: joshjull

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Really hope this is his Pat Maroon moment.

Maroon played 4 AHL seasons. He got called up to Anaheim for 2 games his 5th season. 13 games his 6th season. He finally stuck his 7th pro season.

Murray played 1 AHL, then got called up for 2 games in his 2nd pro year, 19 games his 3rd pro year, and then nothing his 4th pro year. He did go to college which makes their timeline different, but it's not too late for Murray.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
With Rosen demoted in a corresponding move, he just takes Rosen's place. If Robinson was facing additional discipline, I'd guess we'd go 11-7. Gotta carry 3 goalies until UPL is over his illness, and waiving Bryson wouldn't open the roster spot needed tonight.
Understood on the 23 man, just wondering aloud if they wanted a backup for Robinson's role in case. With Tuch skating today, I wonder if they'll activate him and paper Ryan to Roch for a game to free a spot. Assuming UPL and Tuch are back for this mini west coast trip, does Levi go down and they probably prefer Murray to be the 13th forward over Rosen?

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Tuch is back on the ice this morning. I would think he will be back soon.

They probably want to get Rosen more ice time and we may see Murray as the extra forward some on the road trip.

Last edited:
Reactions: HOOats

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I don't see it with Murray. Hopefully he's just chilling in the press box for the trip.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Rosen got his taste and now I'm curious what the plan is with how to move forward there? What is the role they envision for him?

As for Murray, I wish he'd Maroon this. I just don't think he has that temperament.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I don't see it with Murray. Hopefully he's just chilling in the press box for the trip.

He's too slow for NHL.

Bryson and Comrie should be waived just because they suck

Reactions: dortt

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I don't watch the Amerks...Does Murray actually play physical or is he just a big guy ?

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
Cant wait for our forward group to get healthy. these revolving amerks that wont get a chance is an annoying experience for all

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00