Recalled/Assigned: Sabres Recall F Jean-Sebastien Dea from Rochester (1-31)

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Ayyyyy! The tides are about to turn after this one. :sarcasm:

...but really, I'm mildly excited to watch him. Just looking for somebody with life to bring to the lineup at this point.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So Asplund is now a persona non grata?

He got an extended look, and he should know what he needs to work on. I am all for getting Dea, CJ Smith, and Oglevie some opportunities before the end of the year. CJ Smith in particular looked very solid last year, and is starting to produce now that he's back from injury.

Agreed. Let Asplund dig into what he needs to round off. There is plenty to like about what he did here, but now it's time to see if they maybe have something in any of those guys for the future. Who knows, maybe they blind squirrel into a good UFA signing. Granted, that would imply one of them does something well, that the team notices that they do these things well beyond counting stats, and that they give that person a chance in situations that lead to counting stats... so who am I kidding, if they play over one of the 7/8 defensemen, it's going to be 8 minutes on the Island of Misfit Toys line wondering what they can do to get the hell out of this sideshow.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
He got an extended look, and he should know what he needs to work on. I am all for getting Dea, CJ Smith, and Oglevie some opportunities before the end of the year. CJ Smith in particular looked very solid last year, and is starting to produce now that he's back from injury.
Personally, I think they miss Asplund. I'm fine with him in Roc away from this train wreck, but I do think there is a measurable, incremental impact on the NHL roster with him staying down.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Personally, I think they miss Asplund. I'm fine with him in Roc away from this train wreck, but I do think there is a measurable, incremental impact on the NHL roster with him staying down.

The worst part is that we're paying Frolik $4.5 mil to be bad in the icetime that Asplund should be getting.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
so our last player in Rochester with a 2 way contract, not named Mitts or Tage? should be an impact move for sure.

Smith and Oglevie are both down there and now both healthy. Either could get a look soon too. Oglevie in particularly has yet to get shuffled into tiny minutes with crap linemates to show that his north-south game that gets to the net just won't be their cup of tea.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Smith and Oglevie are both down there and now both healthy. Either could get a look soon too. Oglevie in particularly has yet to get shuffled into tiny minutes with crap linemates to show that his north-south game that gets to the net just won't be their cup of tea.
Smith should be up, this team is slow as f***.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012

The worst part is that we're paying Frolik $4.5 mil to be bad in the icetime that Asplund should be getting.
The season is lost
No need to put a prospect on the roster playing him 10min a night.
Sure he is better than some on the roster but its not a benifical scenario especially if you still want to try to develop his offensive game.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
One of the things in all of this that it’s just a background noise in the grand scheme of the turd soup that is this franchise, is how high skill American Hockey league players in their stable almost never get a chance to show what they can do as scoring line players in the next league up. It’s as though the Seth Griffith experience soured them completely on trying that now. One of the ways they could become better would be to turn up a player like Marchessault. But they’re never going to because we’re never going to find out if these guys are actually good because there never given the chance in place of established bullshit grinders who takes stupid penalties but are all about the competez and effortz.

In short, Dea joins the ranks of guys who didn’t get much of a shot, even when the bullshit on the roster shows it is just that - shit. But “doing it the right way” and “earning your ice time” and total abject difference to veterans and whatever…

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
One of the things in all of this that it’s just a background noise in the grand scheme of the turd soup that is this franchise, is how high skill American Hockey league players in their stable almost never get a chance to show what they can do as scoring line players in the next league up. It’s as though the Seth Griffith experience soured them completely on trying that now. One of the ways they could become better would be to turn up a player like Marchessault. But they’re never going to because we’re never going to find out if these guys are actually good because there never given the chance in place of established bull**** grinders who takes stupid penalties but are all about the competez and effortz.

In short, Dea joins the ranks of guys who didn’t get much of a shot, even when the bull**** on the roster shows it is just that - ****. But “doing it the right way” and “earning your ice time” and total abject difference to veterans and whatever…

I fully support this post.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4