Friedman: Sabres preparing for An Additional Top Ten Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
At this point id rather see what it would cost to move up to 2 for Beniers. According to this thread it should be virtually free.
I’m not convinced beniers will be picked top 2 and I certainly like Hughes eklund Clarke enough to not pay anything and stay pat, I’d trade up from our 2nd pick to like 20-22 area if I could tho

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
And some also don't seem to understand the Sabres do not have to trade Eichel.
That’s fine people don’t have to trade for him either… can be your problem for 5 years…. There was plenty of smoke to warrant discussions…. That’s on your team and eichel not Anaheim or Columbus or la chi ny

PatLaFontaineASMR

Jul 9, 2014
Parts Unkown
Arvidsson has perhaps the worst coach in the league with Hynes and had a major injury, he still has shown to be the better player than Reinhart when both have been healthy through the majrity of their careers. One okay season by Reinhart doesnt erase that.

The 2020 Islanders were a stacked team?

Arvidsson has a bad coach? You do know what team Reinhart plays for right? The team that employed Phil Housley & Ralph Krueger has HCs the last 4 years. You're moving the goal posts a bit. It went from Arvidsson > to Reinhart, now to healthy Arvisson > Reinhart. If we're talking about who's better, doesn't availability play a part in that? When has Arvidsson been healthy to you? Four years ago? That's the last time Arvidsson played better than Reinhart. I value how players are currently, not 4 years ago. 3 years ago Skinner was a 40 goal scorer. Times change and Reinhart is trending upwards, while Arvidsson has been trending downwards.

Reinhart has been great the last 3 seasons. Doesn't seem like you know anything about him if you're gonna say "one okay season".

Toews didn't play on the top pair for the Islanders.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
That’s fine people don’t have to trade for him either… can be your problem for 5 years…. There was plenty of smoke to warrant discussions…. That’s on your team and eichel not Anaheim or Columbus or la chi ny

Never said otherwise, but assuming a healthy Eichel he is no problem at all for me. However, people can't use real and/or imagined reasons for lowering his trade value while ignoring other pertinent factors.

Also, I'd wager a lot of the smoke is media driven. We'll see.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Never said otherwise, but assuming a healthy Eichel he is no problem at all for me. However, people can't use real and/or imagined reasons for lowering his trade value while ignoring other pertinent factors.

Also, I'd wager a lot of the smoke is media driven. We'll see.
I’d agree about the media…. But it doesn’t seem like anyone wants to be in Buffalo right now…. No doubt things are rocky between eichel and Buffalo.

I don’t really feel like eichel will be moved because I don’t think anyone is going to put the type of assets on the table. If he is moved I think the value will be a bit underwhelming from Buffalo fan perspective…. I don’t think it’ll be bad it’ll just lack those type 10 prospect types

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I for one look forward to reviewing all of the players who were "untouchable" for Jack Eichel in 2-3 years

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I for one look forward to reviewing all of the players who were "untouchable" for Jack Eichel in 2-3 years
Why they’ll all still be cost controlled assets and Jack will be 1-2 years away from ufa

not to mention it’s not just like dach or zegras or byfield

It’s them + high 1st plus other assets

do you really want to see it what zegras + eklund/Hughes/beniers + perreault are doing in 2-3 years compared to eichek

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
I’d agree about the media…. But it doesn’t seem like anyone wants to be in Buffalo right now…. No doubt things are rocky between eichel and Buffalo.

I don’t really feel like eichel will be moved because I don’t think anyone is going to put the type of assets on the table. If he is moved I think the value will be a bit underwhelming from Buffalo fan perspective…. I don’t think it’ll be bad it’ll just lack those type 10 prospect types

We'll see. Though the nobody wants to be in Buffalo right now amounts to 3 young players who are frustrated over losing. If Buffalo does something crazy like make the right moves in the summer, the Sabres are likely to see at least Eichel and Reinhart back. Or maybe I'm just being overly optimistic.

Lastly, I think a healthy Eichel gets quite a substantial return.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
We'll see. Though the nobody wants to be in Buffalo right now amounts to 3 young players who are frustrated over losing. If Buffalo does something crazy like make the right moves in the summer, the Sabres are likely to see at least Eichel and Reinhart back. Or maybe I'm just being overly optimistic.

Lastly, I think a healthy Eichel gets quite a substantial return.
Well ya but right now we’re not talking a healthy eichel…. If this thread was last year or the year before it prob looks different

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Why they’ll all still be cost controlled assets and Jack will be 1-2 years away from ufa

not to mention it’s not just like dach or zegras or byfield

It’s them + high 1st plus other assets

do you really want to see it what zegras + eklund/Hughes/beniers + perreault are doing in 2-3 years compared to eichek

I guess we will keep on focusing on the one or two idiots from Buffalo who think the Sabres are getting Zegras and 3OV.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Well ya but right now we’re not talking a healthy eichel…. If this thread was last year or the year before it prob looks different

Which is why I think only a healthy Eichel gets traded. And technically, we don't know his exact health status.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda

Thats right people don't have to trade for him but GM's want to ..

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I don't feel like Eichel is the problem other than the fact that when he gets hurt the Sabres can absolutely never pick up the slack when he is gone. I'd rather blame all the poor roster decisions and the great offseason moves of keeping absolute garbage goalies like Hutton knowing Ullmark is a bit injury prone and is the only one who is starter material and he isn't even guaranteed to sign back. I'm not gonna blame Eichel for not being McDavid+Bergeron together to carry a team that can't be helped whether you are there or not.

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
IMO, I don't 100% believe Eichel's reported injury. I think he came to training camp banged up, didn't really play in preseason, and since game one the Sabres were a mess.

I put in our thread:

Eichel was injured to start the season, Hall signed in Buffalo to wait for trade deadline n Bruins, Staal was pissed about being traded to Sabres n washed up, and our $9 million man was in the dog house since traing camp.

Those four, plus Reinhart, were supposed to lead the team, instead the team knew since day 1 what was going on with the above....season had no chance before it began.

Fast forward to a record setting loosing streak, Eichel gets dinged/injured, and "viola," he has an excuse for missing the rest of the season. I can't blame him.

But there's where I see the disconnect between the team's treatment and Eichels, because I doubt the "injury" is as serious as the Eichel camp is portraying. He's just at the "get me out of here" point. Again, I can't blame him.

I also pointed out that anyone who thinks that he doesn't want out, where has his loyal Sabres statements been???? "I'm the captain of the buffalo Sabres, we"re not that far off, and I can't wait for next year!" There hasn't been one. He's not coming back to the Sabres.

So the Sabres could do one of two things:

1. Keep everything quiet inside Sabreland, as they are doing, and quietly trade him.

Or

2. Call him out as a fake, and ruin his rep and any trade value/leverage they might have.

I think the Sabrs' brass can quietly let other GM's know that the injury was just a minor thing, and that the "season ending" injury was more mental because of how the season was going.

That's just my take on this so the only real damaged goods on Eichel is that he walked away from the team he was supposed to be captain of. As further proof, team played light years better once Eichel, Staal and Hall were gone, and Skinner was deployed a bit more correctly.

With that said, GMs know they're getting a healthy, motivated Eichel....Zegras and #3 is a proper return.

Panthaz89

Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
IMO, I don't 100% believe Eichel's reported injury. I think he came to training camp banged up, didn't really play in preseason, and since game one the Sabres were a mess.

I put in our thread:

Eichel was injured to start the season, Hall signed in Buffalo to wait for trade deadline n Bruins, Staal was pissed about being traded to Sabres n washed up, and our $9 million man was in the dog house since traing camp.

Those four, plus Reinhart, were supposed to lead the team, instead the team knew since day 1 what was going on with the above....season had no chance before it began.

Fast forward to a record setting loosing streak, Eichel gets dinged/injured, and "viola," he has an excuse for missing the rest of the season. I can't blame him.

But there's where I see the disconnect between the team's treatment and Eichels, because I doubt the "injury" is as serious as the Eichel camp is portraying. He's just at the "get me out of here" point. Again, I can't blame him.

I also pointed out that anyone who thinks that he doesn't want out, where has his loyal Sabres statements been???? "I'm the captain of the buffalo Sabres, we"re not that far off, and I can't wait for next year!" There hasn't been one. He's not coming back to the Sabres.

So the Sabres could do one of two things:

1. Keep everything quiet inside Sabreland, as they are doing, and quietly trade him.

Or

2. Call him out as a fake, and ruin his rep and any trade value/leverage they might have.

I think the Sabrs' brass can quietly let other GM's know that the injury was just a minor thing, and that the "season ending" injury was more mental because of how the season was going.

That's just my take on this so the only real damaged goods on Eichel is that he walked away from the team he was supposed to be captain of. As further proof, team played light years better once Eichel, Staal and Hall were gone, and Skinner was deployed a bit more correctly.

With that said, GMs know they're getting a healthy, motivated Eichel....Zegras and #3 is a proper return.
Nah Eichel actually got hurt anyone who thinks not is just making up a conspiracy to fit their own weird agenda. Now the injury is probably being exaggerated on the severity but it still was enough to keep him out for the season. You are kidding if you think he doesn't want to be out there playing with his type of competitive mindset.

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
Nah Eichel actually got hurt anyone who thinks not is just making up a conspiracy to fit their own weird agenda. Now the injury is probably being exaggerated on the severity but it still was enough to keep him out for the season. You are kidding if you think he doesn't want to be out there playing with his type of competitive mindset.

Shortened season, and we both said same thing about not being as serious. Season was lost, no reason for Eichel to play what, the last 2/3 weeks of the season????

I don't know where he went after the injury but I'm pretty sure I remember he left Buffalo. I have no agenda, except I want the Sabres to be in Tampa's league....this sucks

Panthaz89

Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Shortened season, and we both said same thing about not being as serious. Season was lost, no reason for Eichel to play what, the last 2/3 weeks of the season????

I don't know where he went after the injury but I'm pretty sure I remember he left Buffalo. I have no agenda, except I want the Sabres to be in Tampa's league....this sucks
Eichel missed like 2/3rds of the season played 21 of 56 games the season was definitely not lost by game 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad