Status
Not open for further replies.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Flyers and Sens both continue to climb.

Gotta keep pace!

Slightly off topic, but back to back shutouts for Neuvirth

Yeah and Hayes had a monster night for the B's, lol. I'm still glad he's gone. I'll take Reilly Smith every time.

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Small sample size, but to me Campbell has looked the best overall defenseman imo so far. Offensively, by far he has looked the best, while defensively around 4th.

Guy looks enganged on offense, prolly that contract year. But an active Soup is a good soup

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Missing the 2nd and 3rd so hopefully they come out like they did against Philly and the game will be over 5 minutes in. That's what I expect :sarcasm:

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Agree it's noticeable how it's slowing the breakouts. Having Campbell-Ek also draws attention from the forward because he can join the rush and be a threat as well.

The thing is that GG often puts out the HBJ line against the opponent's first line. Therefore, I find Gudbranson and Mitchell better to be safe on the defensive side while Soupy and Ekblad have more energy for offensive than defensive assignments

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I mean the second line scored in 2 out of 3 games right? Doubt they change it up. Pirri has way more skill then howden/brickley. Give him a couple more games i'm sure that line will be just fine.

Give him some more games to jump start him.

If it is not working, I find a change for Brickley or Howden is not the worst thing since besides his shot, Pirri brings barely anything to the table. Howden and Brickley would create more turnovers and room for the skilled guys Smith and Bjugstad.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
The thing is that GG often puts out the HBJ line against the opponent's first line. Therefore, I find Gudbranson and Mitchell better to be safe on the defensive side while Soupy and Ekblad have more energy for offensive than defensive assignments

Oh I appreciate it, HBJ got something like 14% O zone starts last game but still a positive corsi %. They are working very well containing the top lines. They could be an even bigger threat though IMO. It's and no coincidence that the 2nd line is seeing the most production behind backed up by Campbell-Ek.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Oh I appreciate it, HBJ got something like 14% O zone starts last game but still a positive corsi %. They are working very well containing the top lines. They could be an even bigger threat though IMO. It's and no coincidence that the 2nd line is seeing the most production behind backed up by Campbell-Ek.

O-zone faceoffs with Soupy-Ek and D-zone faceoffs with Mitchell-Gudbranson, there is the solution and this way the HBJ line stays on for 20 min per game ;)

The question is how much of the defensive credit goes to HBJ and how much to the D-pairing.

GG rotates enough that every D-pair gets their fare share of time with 1st and 2nd line which I find is our strength currently. All 3 pairs are equally solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad