Pre-Game Talk: Sabres @ Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Making this because I'm 2-0 when making them and 0-1 when not.

Panthers: I'm guessing same lineup as yesterday but with Lu.

Sabres:

90 O’Reilly – 28 Girgensons – 63 Ennis
9 Kane – 15 Eichel – 82 Foligno
26 Moulson – 22 Larsson – 88 McGinn
4 Deslauriers – 17 Legwand – 23 Reinhart

Scratches-Gionta (LBI, questionable for Thursday's game), Colaiacovo (healthy), Donovan (healthy)

IR: Bogosian, Guhle, Lehner, McCormick, Sanguinetti

4 Gorges – 55 Ristolainen

6 Weber – 46 Franson

29 McCabe – 3 Pysyk

With Lehner out, the starter is Chad Johnson

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
another game where 2 points is a must especially against another back up goalie

Wander

May 12, 2014
Buffalo is improved, but in order for us to be a legit playoff contender, we need to win these type of games.

I'm already pretty convinced this team is a legit playoff contender (and will get there this year imo.), but no reason to leave these points hanging. Need a strong start to the season.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I'm already pretty convinced this team is a legit playoff contender (and will get there this year imo.), but no reason to leave these points hanging. Need a strong start to the season.

Agreed.

We can't sleep on Buffalo...they've got some offense in Eichel, Moulson, Ennis, O'Reilly, Kane, etc. Chad Johnson is undefeated in two career games against us with only 3 goals allowed.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
After three games Barkov has now as many points as he did last year after 17... yeah that was some sophomore slump.

He has been exponentially better, but it helps when he has legitimate line mates instead of the garbage he was playing with to begin last season.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
I just remembered that "Killer B's" was actually a thing

To think everyone would have asked for Gallant's head had he not been paired with "bought out and got a contract off a PTO" and "plays in Europe because he couldn't get an NHL contract".

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Looking forward to the game. I wonder if we should try swapping Pirri with Howden or Brickley.

Not a fan of breaking up the 4th line but it'd be nice to get our 2nd line going. The 1st line I just assume we're keeping together.

peterbiz09

Jun 24, 2012
Miami, FL
Looking forward to the game. I wonder if we should try swapping Pirri with Howden or Brickley.

Not a fan of breaking up the 4th line but it'd be nice to get our 2nd line going. The 1st line I just assume we're keeping together.

I mean the second line scored in 2 out of 3 games right? Doubt they change it up. Pirri has way more skill then howden/brickley. Give him a couple more games i'm sure that line will be just fine.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I mean the second line scored in 2 out of 3 games right? Doubt they change it up. Pirri has way more skill then howden/brickley. Give him a couple more games i'm sure that line will be just fine.

Yeah that's true, you're probably right. I was just thinking out loud, maybe having a quick mucker might help them.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Yeah that's true, you're probably right. I was just thinking out loud, maybe having a quick mucker might help them.
I noticed Brickley cut back his hits last night, after 2 games of pounding people. This is something he needs to do in order to maintain his health. He is a legit scoring threat, but the guy needs to stay healthy. At some point I hope they sit Huby or bump Bolland to the 4th in order to get Brickley on a scoring line. If Huby doesn't start showing something, sit him and bring up Brickley.;)

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I noticed Brickley cut back his hits last night, after 2 games of pounding people. This is something he needs to do in order to maintain his health. He is a legit scoring threat, but the guy needs to stay healthy. At some point I hope they sit Huby or bump Bolland to the 4th in order to get Brickley on a scoring line. If Huby doesn't start showing something, sit him and bring up Brickley.;)

its been 3 games and you are ready to sit last years leading point getter for a 4th line guy rookie. relax. and take a deep breath.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
its been 3 games and you are ready to sit last years leading point getter for a 4th line guy rookie. relax. and take a deep breath.

To be fair, I think he was being a bit hyperbolic lol. But Brokin has always been down on Huberdeau and really high on Brickley.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I think in the long run they'll go back to Ekblad and Campbell with the 1st line, which will probably help their scoring

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
I think in the long run they'll go back to Ekblad and Campbell with the 1st line, which will probably help their scoring

Agree it's noticeable how it's slowing the breakouts. Having Campbell-Ek also draws attention from the forward because he can join the rush and be a threat as well.

TheEkbombIsReal

Paaaaaanthers
Aug 19, 2011
Gothenburg
First game I'll be able to watch this season. PUMPED :yo:

Also booked a trip to Florida in February to see the Panthers. Hope this'll be a hell of a season :handclap:

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I hope Huberdeau and Ekblad can step it up a little and push us towards a win tomorrow. They need to start contributing like everyone knows they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad