Rumor: Sabres NOT For Sale

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011

a407e907194fe72506e63cdd02ddeb16.gif

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
At first I thought it was a meme, then there was a small beacon of hope.

What is this feeling of hope? It's warm, it makes me smile.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
When life hands you lemons, screw up the lemons for 10 years then say f*ck the lemons and bail

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
This started out as the best news any Sabres fan could hope for.

I think there is still some hope that this is good news.

It's possible the basis for these rumors is a re-structuring of the team and the Pegulas are looking to bring in outside help to run the organization.

I.E., Kim is getting out of the hockey business.

This may have nothing to do with a sale, but it still might be the start of something big for the organization and the fans.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Bingo. This team desperately needs a president of hockey operations.

There is nothing a president of hockey operations provides that a competent, seasoned, GM, would not provide.

No need for an added layer between GM and ownership IMO.

But that's a discussion for another thread.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
They're probably trying to sell a minority ownership stake in the team. Enjoy the prestige of being an NHL owner. Give us your money while we retain control and run the team into the ground.

I don't think the Pegulas would be interested in sharing ownership with anyone. They don't need to sell a minority interest and I wouldn't anticipate that happening.

May Day 10

Apr 19, 2006
St Catharines, ON
Maybe wishful thinking, but it absolutely HAS to be a team president. It just seems so obvious how much it is needed and how hopeless the future looks on its current course.

You would have to think someone the Pegulas know and trust would have given them some honest opinion on this.

May Day 10

Apr 19, 2006
St Catharines, ON
There is nothing a president of hockey operations provides that a competent, seasoned, GM, would not provide.

No need for an added layer between GM and ownership IMO.

But that's a discussion for another thread.

I believe it is such a heavy lift at this point, you need both. The entirety of the hockey department needs to be built from scratch. Just look at Seattle and the number of people who are working on that.

And a lot of the seasoned GMs out there (Dudley comes to mind) might rather have an over-arching role of president where there will be a lot of work on the front end, but gradually everything gets delegated and they basically become an overseer and collect a nice salary... as opposed to nose to the grindstone GM work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad