Confirmed with Link: Sabres have promoted Seth Appert to assistant coach/Amir Gulati to video coordinator/Girardi let go

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
But why? I expected completely different assistants. What is Appert good at? And he doesn't have much experience. Adams looks like an idiot. Only Raff’s genius can save us, but even here I’m no longer sure that he will be able to do anything with all these weird assistans.

Are we going to have a f***ing development season again?

Reactions: Tijuana Donkey Show

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Appert hopefully takes over the PP. Wilford remains in control of the D/PK. Christie gone. Ellis as the eye in the sky.

I wish we brought in someone from outside the organization........but it is change.

Couldn't be any worse than last year.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
It can always be worse.
This was the motto of my career for 15+ years of being a Controller in manufacturing firms. So happy I got out of that before the interest rate hikes...

As for the "hires" - really disappointing. I'm not a fan of Appert, but I understand the obvious succession plan. I don't understand why there isn't a more seasoned outside voice. This puts the pressure solely on Ruff to change the complacency, all while being surrounded by a bunch of complacent individuals.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I don't know what a video coach does... but to simply bring one up from your minor league team is pathetic.

• Wow
Reactions: Jacob582

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
source.gif

source.gif

source.gif

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Ruff states Appert will work with the forwards and will work with the PP in consultation with him (Ruff).

Wilford with work with D and PK.

Ellis will be eye in the sky and work with centers on faceoffs.

Need new owner
Did he have an interview on WGR today?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Ruff states Appert will work with the forwards and will work with the PP in consultation with him (Ruff).

Wilford with work with D and PK.

Ellis will be eye in the sky and work with centers on faceoffs.

Need new owner
It's very sad and depressing knowing the only likely way the franchise can be saved is the same thing that saved the Blackhawks mentioned earlier in the thread.

Reactions: Tijuana Donkey Show

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad