Sabres fire Don Granato, hire Lindy Ruff as head coach

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
What century is this?

It's 1997 and the Florida Panthers made a wild run to the Stanley Cup championship before losing and Lindy Ruff is named coach of the Buffalo Sabres.

It's 2024 and the Florida Panthers made a wild run to the Stanley Cup championship before losing and Lindy Ruff is named coach of the Buffalo Sabres.

And he now has worked for the team in every decade of its existence.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
owen powers, upon hearing the news:

1713841422532.png

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Why hire a guy who just failed with another young team with high end picks?
Weren't the Devils really good last year? I thought there team was plagued with injuries and bad goaltending this year?

I was mad when they said Ruff was coming back. I wanted Berube.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
This is hilarious.

It's joke, it's what it is!

Darcy Tucker is rumored to get the assistant coach job.

Guy has coached Pat Lafontaine, Alexander Mogilny and Gilbert Dionne... ;)

Last edited:

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
when they fired ruff, i thought the next guy can't be worse. and then bylsma, housley, krueger & granato were worse. no problem with lindy being back.

• Haha
Reactions: DRAGO 18

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I would have waited to see what happens with Rod Brind'Amour, because I think Rod Brind'Amour is an elite coach.

That being said there is no question they got better behind the bench.

Now we see what they do with the roster

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I know he just plans to just be in an advisory role, but imagine a scenario next season where Jacques Martin is coaching a playoff series against Lindy Ruff in 2025

I think the Sens are in a tough spot, I don't think the top 4 in the Atlantic changes next season, the order might depending on who stays and who goes, but I still have Toronto, Boston, Florida and Tampa as the top 4 next season, and as of today I still have Detroit as #5.

Obviously A LOT change, the off season hasn't even started, but as of today I think that's the top 5 as far as the Atlantic goes.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
why? They can't find an up and comer anywhere?
Judging by their recent results, they definitely shouldn't be going for an up-and-comer.

Lindy Ruff is a fine coach. One of the best available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad