Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Zacha is Baecha.

9wAq6.gif

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
My main takeaway from this game is that Buffalo is a terrible organization.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Zacha first star?

Pavel deserved it, definitley his best game in the NHL so far. No one else was close to deserving.

I have to say for a guy who didn't get a point Palmieri was very noticeable, blocking shot and playing great overall defensive play. Kyle is a better two way player than he gets credit for.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
At least Spideyzacha bailed Cory out, and for once the D helped. Cory didn't have to make one tough save.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
That was a real, honest to goodness 60 minute effort. Nice to see.

If I have one complaint, it's actually not Helgeson, but Lovejoy. I don't know if either player is NHL level, but one is certainly being paid like one to not play like one...

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Palmieri blocking that shot at the end was big. The thing with Palms compared to Camm is even when they're not scoring, Palmieri at least looks like he's trying and doing other things. Thankfully Cammalleri has some assists lately because he hasn't scored a goal since Nam.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Devils played Josefson's line against Eichel's line for a large portion of the game.

Zajac was out there in key situations against Eichel.

You are right though. The third line was excellent all around. Play all 3 zones well and have earned the trust of Hynes.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Palmieri blocking that shot at the end was big. The thing with Palms compared to Camm is even when they're not scoring, Palmieri at least looks like he's trying and doing other things. Thankfully Cammalleri has some assists lately because he hasn't scored a goal since Nam.

Palms has been beastly lately.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Even with the awful goal allowed, Cory's save percentage is up to .912 on the year now. It was like .903 or .904 around Christmas. He's allowed very few bad goals since Christmas.

I remember Roenick recently saying Buffalo needs a new goaltender to be a playoff threat, because he doesn't think Lehner is good enough. I really think goaltending is the least of their problems though. Even crappy Anders Nilsson has looked like an NHL goaltender for the first time in his career this season. They have .925 goaltending behind one of the worst defense's in the league. But since they don't have Ben Scrivens and his .891 or Brian Elliott and his .895 in there, people lazily think their defense isn't that bad.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
At least Spideyzacha bailed Cory out, and for once the D helped. Cory didn't have to make one tough save.

It was probably one of our best games played all season.

They barely had a scoring chance at all tonight. Seemed more like shots were really 39-13, rather than 39-23.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I hate how the Devils MSG crew keeps trying to convince the fans the team might make the playoffs.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Even with the awful goal allowed, Cory's save percentage is up to .912 on the year now. It was like .903 or .904 around Christmas. He's allowed very few bad goals since Christmas.

I remember Roenick saying Buffalo needs a new goaltender to do be a playoff threat, because he doesn't think Lehner is good enough. I really think goaltending is the least of their problems though. Even crappy Anders Nilsson has looked like an NHL goaltender for the first time in his career this season. They have .925 goaltending behind one of the worst defense's in the league. But since they don't have Ben Scrivens and his .891 or Brian Elliott and his .895 in there, people lazily think their defense isn't that bad.

Can't complain too much after two straight one goal games.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Zajac was out there in key situations against Eichel.

You are right though. The third line was excellent all around. Play all 3 zones well and have earned the trust of Hynes.

Toward the end of course they played Zajac's line there, but they trusted Josefson's line and just about every defensive pairing against Eichel's line.

From top to bottom it was a great team win.

On a side note, Palmieri was absolutely incredible tonight. Defensively he was on point all game long and that block on the end just summed up his game defensively perfectly.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Toward the end of course they played Zajac's line there, but they trusted Josefson's line and just about every defensive pairing against Eichel's line.

From top to bottom it was a great team win.

On a side note, Palmieri was absolutely incredible tonight. Defensively he was on point all game long and that block on the end just summed up his game defensively perfectly.

Palmieri will live up to his contract and then some. He's a guy who seems tailor made for playoff hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad