Dreger: Sabres close to trading Hall, down to 3 teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
All I'll say is Hall was traded for a 1st, a 3rd and two prospects as a rental a little over a year ago. Sure his bad season should knock down his value a bit but to not even get a first round pick when Savard and Foligno have is insane.
I agree Foligno is an overpay. But it's a playoff move. Intangibles. Toronto can't go out in the first round. They have to this year. Foligno can help them with what they lack.

Savard? Tampa only makes good moves. I'm not talking shit about that.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Well I watched most of Hall's games this season, unfortunately. If that's a good hockey player...
He is a good hockey player. As usual 50% of people got caught up in the narrative. ZOMG we traded a late 1st for a guy, and we lost in the playoffs. OH GOD PLEEZ NOT MY TEAM. Holy over dramatization, especially if the guy lights it up, and you're suddenly a fan. ZOMG I was so wrong about Hall, but luckily I don't really feel bad when I dump on a guy

Ursamajor25

Aug 1, 2020
If it was matter of just a 1st, there would have been teams lining up. Especially with this year's pick, nobody knows which prospect you are gonna get

They want a top prospect in return as well. For some teams, like Edmonton, he's the player could be the difference winning a round

I easily say if it's Edmonton, it's 1st + Benson

Edmonton doesn't have the cap space to take on Hall. So unless they are doing 1st+ cap dump I don't see it happening since Buffalo will not want to take on a cap dump.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Edmonton doesn't have the cap space to take on Hall. So unless they are doing 1st+ cap dump I don't see it happening since Buffalo will not want to take on a cap dump.

Another three way then?

I mean we have seen couple already

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Avs, Edmonton, Islanders seem to get the most mentions . Avs make a ton of sense to me and have the deep prospect pool to make potential cost palatable.
Meh, for all we know some under the radar GM we haven't guessed ends up with Hall. All the talk is mostly just from fanbases who have built up the idea in their heads.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
He is a good hockey player. As usual 50% of people got caught up in the narrative. ZOMG we traded a late 1st for a guy, and we lost in the playoffs. OH GOD PLEEZ NOT MY TEAM. Holy over dramatization, especially if the guy lights it up, and you're suddenly a fan. ZOMG I was so wrong about Hall, but luckily I don't really feel bad when I dump on a guy
As a Sabres fan I am happy to see him go.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
Actually if they do one of those two team 75% retentions that are all the rage right now Buffalo only has to take Chaisson back

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
upload_2021-4-11_21-14-22.jpeg

Reactions: Mighty Makar

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
I'm into winning games. They seem to be better at that with him not in the line up. Not interested in any narratives.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
It's just one team. The one that Hall says he'll waive for. The others are just a smoke screen to try and leverage some sort of respectable return.

Reactions: Daz28

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
As a Sabres fan I am happy to see him go.
That's fine, but I'm hoping you're going to love Cody Eakin, Skinner, Okposo, and Girgensons next year then. Some guys you can really get on board with. Hall sucked here, but he wasn't the problem.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Yet that IS a narrative
Cool. It's what I watched in hockey games. I could give a shit less what narratives are going on twitter or Hf or whatever. Check my post history if you don't believe me.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
It's just one team. The one that Hall says he'll waive for. The others are just a smoke screen to try and leverage some sort of respectable return.
At this point I doubt Hall is going to be picky. I'm sure all he wants is a shot with a playoff team so he can give himself a chance to get a respectable deal this coming offseason. If he plays hardball he runs the risk of Buffalo just taking their ball and going home.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Yet that IS a narrative
Cool. It's what I watched in hockey games. I could give a shit less what narratives are going on twitter or Hf or whatever. Check my post history if you don't believe me.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
My issue is that your reasoning why they "seem better without him" has no basis in reality other than your perceived causation.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
So what were the three teams that are only in it now? I see it in the title, but not found in the thread itself sire.....

Reactions: Dicdonya

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
At this point I doubt Hall is going to be picky. I'm sure all he wants is a shot with a playoff team so he can give himself a chance to get a respectable deal this coming offseason. If he plays hardball he runs the risk of Buffalo just taking their ball and going home.
Actually I think at this point Hall is going to be very very picky.
There’s a reason he made sure he got a NMC on a 1 year contract when it’s very obvious if it didn’t work out he would be flipped at trade deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad