Dreger: Sabres close to trading Hall, down to 3 teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
My issue is that your reasoning why they "seem better without him" has no basis in reality other than your perceived causation.
NO bud. This is the part you seem to not be grasping. He sucked balls in a Sabres uniform. I watched the games. HE SUCKED.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
It will what? Show how easy it was to fleece Toronto out of their top pick?

Verify that Dubas has little to no concept of asset management? Dealing a 1st and two 4ths for a 3rd liner UFA.
A Buffalo fan talking about asset management..... what’s the definition of irony again?

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
The blues offer should be Dunn, Sanford, and a first and Buffalo has to eat 50% and make the payment for a 3rd team to eat another 25%. With that the blues could take hall and play mikkola in Dunn’s spot with walman continuing as the offensive dman role Dunn plays.
That would be awful for Blues. Subtracting 2 regulars and a 1st for Hall would be massive mistake.

Reactions: rumrokh

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Actually I think at this point Hall is going to be very very picky.
There’s a reason he made sure he got a NMC on a 1 year contract when it’s very obvious if it didn’t work out he would be flipped at trade deadline
I think he 100% wanted the ability to call his shot if need be, but I doubt he foresaw the season going this poorly for him. I don't think he's vetoing any deal that gives him a shot to play meaningful hockey at this point. He's cost himself millions and I'm sure he and his agent realize this. He's just as motivated as Buffalo is to make a deal happen. Now if Adams comes to him with multiple deals on the table, I'm sure he'll have input.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Actually I think at this point Hall is going to be very very picky.
There’s a reason he made sure he got a NMC on a 1 year contract when it’s very obvious if it didn’t work out he would be flipped at trade deadline
You're right that the NMC was a feature meant to let him pick his spot, but I doubt he's picky. He just wants a team guaranteed to make the playoffs, and if a team doesn't put in a competitive offer, then that choice will just not be presented to Hall and his agent. And of course it would be tampering for any GM to go around Adams and talk to Hall or his people directly.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Man if Sabres trade Hall tonight James Duthie's night will be ruined.

Hall serves as the focal talking point for the whole day tommorrow for TSN whose doing early morning show from 8am. Most moves being made now so unlikely we see any big moves tommorrow if Hall is shipped out tonight

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Why wouldn’t St. Louis just flip Hoffman for a 2nd themselves and then give up a first for Hall :dunno:

The 2nd of Hoffman would be cause the Sabres retained 50% on him after retaining 50% on Hall. Blues could retain 50% on Hoffman hence you wouldn’t get a 2nd

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Just because he sucks or sucked with Buffalo, doesn't mean he can't help other teams

Very least he can skate, that he hasn't forgotten to do

A lot of people seem to ignore the Buffalo factor. Hall's shooting at 2% or something absurd like that. This is less than half his average. Very rarely does a player just suddenly fall off a cliff like that. So unless Hall is doing his best Subban impression, he'll likely be a much better player on a team like Colorado or even Montreal than he is on the Sabres.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I think he 100% wanted the ability to call his shot if need be, but I doubt he foresaw the season going this poorly for him. I don't think he's vetoing any deal that gives him a shot to play meaningful hockey at this point. He's cost himself millions and I'm sure he and his agent realize this. He's just as motivated as Buffalo is to make a deal happen. Now if Adams comes to him with multiple deals on the table, I'm sure he'll have input.

I'd guarantee that teams are calling Hall's agent to let them know they're interested in him, and his agent is passing that information onto Hall. It's up to Buffalo's GM to try and convince Hall to go to the team that will offer the best package. Hall is getting traded, even if it ends up a poor return for the Sabres - but those assets are essentially freebies, considering Hall hasn't even been on the team for a year.

If Buffalo wants to make their team optics look even worse and hold Hall hostage because he won't waive his NMC (something they team agreed on) to a team that isn't on his list, that's their prerogative. But there is no good that comes out of that situation.

Reactions: Daz28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad