Post-Game Talk: Sabres @ Caps, 7:07pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Also love to see the 4th line get rewarded. They have been really good this season. Holtby with another good game.

Good win and they are top of the East again.

Almost every bottom six player got more almost a minute more than their average ice time. JC74 got more than two minutes LESS than his average ice time. Reirden knows what he is doing.

Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 8.56.03 AM.png

2019-20 Washington Capitals Roster and Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com

p.s. I realize lack of special teams play in the game has a bit to do with the ice time.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
When the team can have all of 8/92/19/74 play in the game, only register a single point cumulatively, get no points from the 3rd line, and *still* score 6 goals??

things are good
That happened against Vancouver too if you replace 92 with 43 and 77, and that the 3rd line blew up and 4th had 2 points.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
After coming out of a tough Oct. schedule, the 5 game road trip and this trouncing...
we're as good as any team in the league

we ain't perfect by any means, but I can't point to any team and say "These guys are def. better than WSH"
BOS looks like the biggest competition in East
then CAR/NYI
who knows what TB/TOR/PIT are doing

It's not even 20% of the season yet, but no one is looking scary good for lengths of time yet

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Caps are no Islanders though. Lol.

This team is so good right now that when I read through the trade threads I’m just not even interested. Leafs and oilers fans go crazy trying too add those pieces the caps have like Wilson and Vrana. Fans arguing over never getting Josh Anderson and how Athaniciou isn’t a 30 goal guy but is blazing fast. Then you realize Caps already have Hagelin who has all the speed and fits into his role better here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad