GDT: Sabres @ Capitals 7:00

Burakovsky95*

Glad a ****** goalie seems to have found a groove against us

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Well that was a fast first. I wonder how the DISH network and Comcast is going to effect NHL Center Ice. Looking forward to more hits.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Top line continues to add wrinkles with Wilson up there. More banging in front of the net from Ovie and Backstrom than I've seen in years. And Wilson streaking up the seam to the net while Ovie rushes is going to be a NIGHTMARE for defensemen. They almost connected for one already.

Also note the Caps pressed the issue and didn't sit back late in the period, until that 2nd line ONCE AGAIN got pinned deep at the end. And ONCE AGAIN Troy Brouwer creates a horrible turnover (actual possession) with an idiotic cross ice pass to his own blueline.

capsfan59

May 10, 2009
We are not getting many PP chances this year. I wonder if PP oppurtunities are down leaguewide. Or, it is just the Caps that are not getting many PP chances? Could be Trotz's system.

Mickstix

Nov 30, 2010
Central Florida
"Scoring chances".. What a useless/biased stat to keep.. I remember maybe 3 by us, but somehow the statistician registered 7 on 11 shots? Please..

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
until that 2nd line ONCE AGAIN got pinned deep at the end. And ONCE AGAIN Troy Brouwer creates a horrible turnover (actual possession) with an idiotic cross ice pass to his own blueline.

Yeah, Bura was having troubles of his own clearing puck. We're fortunate his first two attempts didn't cost us.

I liked the timing play to 43, now he just needs to get the redirection on net.

capsfan59

May 10, 2009
Burakovsky has really cooled down. He has given some opportunities to his teammates but they haven't produced. He should really be a shooter instead of a puck distributor. So winger suits him more.

Burakovsky95*

Yeah, Bura was having troubles of his own clearing puck. We're fortunate his first two attempts didn't cost us.

I liked the timing play to 43, now he just needs to get the redirection on net.

Everyone else was flat-footed on both attempts at least from what I saw

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
looks like the 3rd line has been promoted to 2nd line. unless the matchup was really bad on last change

capsfan59

May 10, 2009
This team shoots quite a lot, which is something I like. For whatever reason, they just don't seem to score a lot. This has got to be terrible puck luck.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Oh gormley. Is that a mustache?

I thought he was going to wander into a discussion of global warming at the end of that segment

I see Smokin Al isn't. That's to bad.

2w33ple.jpg

Burakovsky95*

Chimera still needs to be scratched or put on the 4th line...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad