Sabres Board Yahoo Fantasy League

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Well if we get a few more interested parties I’ll create one. My original thought was keeper or dynasty but I’d probably make it a standard roto or head-to-head so people can swap in or out after a season if they want (me included haha)

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I'm up for both NHL & NFL.

I remember being in a hockey league here a way back - but that was a looong time ago.

Reactions: KiwiGriff

KiwiGriff

Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
I've created a League for people to join. Settings aren't set in stone. It's Head to head (One Win). Each week you go head-to-head with another manager and try and beat the other person in each category. You come out on top, you get 1 in the W column, they get 1 in the L column. You can get a draw as well, should be obvious that you each get a 1 for that.

Cats are:

Skaters
Goals
Assists
+/-
PPP
SOG
FOW
Hits
Blocks

Goalies
Wins
Goals Against
Saves
Shutouts

Live draft set pretty close to the start of the season.

@cybresabre @Mr Orangeshirt @Rowley Birkin @ForsbergMoDo21

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I've created a League for people to join. Settings aren't set in stone. It's Head to head (One Win). Each week you go head-to-head with another manager and try and beat the other person in each category. You come out on top, you get 1 in the W column, they get 1 in the L column. You can get a draw as well, should be obvious that you each get a 1 for that.

Thanks for taking that important first step. I'm there!

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Nice work, Griff.

Let's try to get at least 12 players? The deeper the league imo, the better.

If there's enough interest for an NFL league I'm also happy to do that - although there's obviously less time to get it setup. Mods - maybe we could sticky an announcement within the Bills thread in place of the draft poll that's currently 4 months out of date? :laugh:

KiwiGriff

Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Nice work, Griff.

Let's try to get at least 12 players? The deeper the league imo, the better.

If there's enough interest for an NFL league I'm also happy to do that - although there's obviously less time to get it setup. Mods - maybe we could sticky an announcement within the Bills thread in place of the draft poll that's currently 4 months out of date? :laugh:
I hope so. The league is set for 12 teams. It’s up to five so far with lots of time to go until the draft.

I went quite large with the rosters (a full team of 20 plus four bench players) because i find it fun when you are actually having to think about what 3rd/4th liners you need in your team, not just the stars.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

cgeorge

Aug 16, 2023
Would you consider someone who has not contributed much to the dialogue here? I just had to create a new account, but have religiously followed this board for two decades, after covering the Blue Jackets for HF from ~2005-2008 (grew up in Buffalo in the 70s-90s, before moving south for work).

KiwiGriff

Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Would you consider someone who has not contributed much to the dialogue here? I just had to create a new account, but have religiously followed this board for two decades, after covering the Blue Jackets for HF from ~2005-2008 (grew up in Buffalo in the 70s-90s, before moving south for work).
If you have a positive attitude and you participate. Then the more the merrier :)

We are up to seven teams now. If we fill up to the current league limit of 12, I can also push it up to 20 teams as a maximum.

Reactions: cgeorge

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
If you have a positive attitude and you participate. Then the more the merrier :)

We are up to seven teams now. If we fill up to the current league limit of 12, I can also push it up to 20 teams as a maximum.
My first game seems to be against your team :)
Is your avatar from Borderlands?
And the name from the actual Meat puppets musical duo from the 80s & 90s ?

Last edited:

KiwiGriff

Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
My first game seems to be against your team :)
Is your avatar from Borderlands?
And the name from the actual Meat puppets musical duo from the 80s & 90s ?
It might reshuffle matchups around after the draft, or if I bump the total teams up.

But yep, a psycho from Borderlands for the avatar and the team name of Meat Puppets is a Borderlands reference too. The psychos would sometimes say “Time to pound some meat puppets” while attacking.

Reactions: debaser66

Mr Orangeshirt

Dec 12, 2008
Xville,TN

Cats are:

Skaters
Goals
Assists
+/-
PPP
SOG
FOW
Hits
Blocks

Goalies
Wins
Goals Against
Saves
Shutouts

Live draft set pretty close to the start of the season.

@cybresabre @Mr Orangeshirt @Rowley Birkin @ForsbergMoDo21
I'm signed up. Looks like there is only one spot left in for a 12 person league.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

20 teams with the deep roster settings you mentioned above... It's going to be very interesting.

Let's make it happen.

KiwiGriff

Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
20 teams with the deep roster settings you mentioned above... It's going to be very interesting.

Let's make it happen.
Seems like we are getting some love for the idea of the Fantasy League. I’ve bumped it to 20 and see if we fill up.

Yeah I had been thinking 20x23 is gonna mean we’ll be going solidly into the 3rd and 4th liners. Could be interesting. It’ll help us learn a little more about some of the depth in other teams apart from the Sabres.

I’ve also dropped the minimum number of goalie starts for a week from 3 to 2 because of most teams probably having a starter and a backup.

I haven’t run a league before so during the season I’ll keep an eye out for any settings I need to change or informal rules we might want to post here to run things cleanly.

Last edited:

KiwiGriff

Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
The draft is 8 days away. There are 8 slots available for anyone that is still interested in joining. 12 teams already signed up.

We need to have an even number of teams as it is head-to-head. So I’m hoping we don’t end up with odd numbers and I have to cut the last person to join so that the draft can work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad