Post-Game Talk (GBU): Sabres @ Avalanche 8:00PM 2/26/20 NBCSN & WGR

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
upload_2020-2-26_23-32-29.png

We got absolutely destroyed by their top 6, and they matched up mostly against our "top 6" - The Eichel line and the LOG line.

Regardless of their injuries, we had no answer for their combination of size and speed (again). That team is ridiculously talented.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I wish it was easy to go back and watch every penalty called on Dahlin this year. I've never seen someone get so many soft calls/phantom calls on them.
This happens to young players pretty frequently. Just utter trash calls by the refs. Then they build a reputation for themselves around the league (aka generate revenue for the league) and the bad officiating disappears.

Reactions: k8prisoner

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
The bar has sunk so low. Everywhere I look or listen after this game, I mostly see and hear praise after a regulation loss, in a game where they were pretty badly outplayed for the final 40 minutes by a team missing 3 of its 4 highest scoring forwards. We're in Jack Eichel's fifth year, and this is what passes as progress? f***.

I have to agree that this..We outplayed them five on five for much of the game...At least for tonight, this must be the final word.. We f'n LOST and it isn't good enough... Progress is not enough . Let's see if they are pissed..

Last edited:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I'm agreeing that the talent that surrounds these guys does make a difference in terms of team records. Just the two players compared and stripped of all the other noise tells me that both have experienced giant leaps forward in their athletic performance scorecards. Jack ain't MacK, Mack ain't Jack. Neither are McDavid. All three are elite.

Jack's carrying the puck up the ice and playmaking set up late in the 3rd.... after looking like he was in some pain.... was something MacKinnon could never touch.

It's like a frickin' Elway/Marino/Kelly argument. Everybody's right and nobody's wrong.

Perfectly put :handclap:

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
No he really doesn't. Thats why your takes about him just scratching the surface are so asinine and actually are an insult.

He’s currently on pace for 47 goals 103 points while having grown his two way game to a pretty good level. He can keep working on growing his defensive game but he’s not going to learn that from Mack.

If you think being a 47g 103pt two way center is just “scratching the surface” Then what the hell do you expect from him? 60+ goals 120+pts while shutting every opponent down with his defensive game?

You don’t seem to realize or accept that Jack/Mack are the same level players. The only differences between them is style of play (that and Mack has better faster wingers). Neither is going to be trained into playing the way the other one does. They both have unique and dynamic skill sets.

Jack is basically near what we were hoping for. A big powerful two way #1 center getting 40-ish goals and 90-100 points.
tbh I think Jack's peak lies somewhere in the 110 pt range. we're definitely not just scratching the surface, but there is more there... then i think people around the league have really anticipated

Reactions: k8prisoner

EmeraldCitySabre

Yeah, we've got uniforms and everything....
Apr 10, 2010
The Claw
I have to agree that this.. At least for tonight, this must be the final word.. We f'n and it isn't good enough... Progress is not enough . Let's see if they are pissed..

Don't worry, Botts will fix the roster in the offseason and we'll challenge for the Cup next year.....:skeptic:

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
tbh I think Jack's peak lies somewhere in the 110 pt range. we're definitely not just scratching the surface, but there is more there... then i think people around the league have really anticipated

A healthy Eichel can dominate.. Nothing homer about that fact.. With help like the avalanche roster . wow.. I like Log. We'll see.. Out..

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
Apologies if I missed it- Just getting home from the game... any info on jack potentially being hurt? Not taking draws, not shooting, whincing quite a bit?

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
The bar has sunk so low. Everywhere I look or listen after this game, I mostly see and hear praise after a regulation loss, in a game where they were pretty badly outplayed for the final 40 minutes by a team missing 3 of its 4 highest scoring forwards. We're in Jack Eichel's fifth year, and this is what passes as progress? f***.

Well, the Avs have outscored us 15-2 in our last 3 matchups, so yeah, I guess this is progress

Reactions: Lemonlimey

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Jack’s further growth is about his defensive game. The only real difference between his current pace this season of 103pts points and putting up 110pts is a hot PP, line mate gets hot, etc. Not really him “growing” as a player.

I don’t think some fully appreciate how amazing it will be to have a two way #1 center putting up 40-is goals and 100 or so points. I’m actually surprised its not more greatly appreciated.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Apologies if I missed it- Just getting home from the game... any info on jack potentially being hurt? Not taking draws, not shooting, whincing quite a bit?
A local reporter said he has a mid body injury. At least thats what he heard from his sources (Can’t remember who). The team isn’t saying anything officially

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Its been like that since Risto jacked him up a few games ago.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
This happens to young players pretty frequently. Just utter trash calls by the refs. Then they build a reputation for themselves around the league (aka generate revenue for the league) and the bad officiating disappears.

If only that was true. Heiskanen and Makar have a whopping 12 penalty minutes each. Hughes has 18 penalty minutes. Dahlin has more phantom penalty minutes than that let alone legit calls.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
I thought Hutton actually played really well tonight. But he just wasn’t as good as Francouz.

Both teams wiffed or missed on quite a few tap ins.

Simmonds, surprising no one, is not the answer. Looked like a liability outside of his first shift or 2.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

He's been playing hurt for a few games now, it seems. Haven't heard much of anything other than maybe an abdominal injury. Probably in Jack's best interest that they don't publicize the details if he's gonna be playing through it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad