GDT: Sabres at Red Wings, 1:00 pm Eastern

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Something else regarding coaching:

While Cozens was serving his 5 min fighting major, I'm pretty sure neither Benson nor Quinn took a shift. Quinn I get....he wasn't having a good game.

Benson getting only 9:45 of 5v5 time is a fireable offense in and of itself.

Reactions: kirby11

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Something else regarding coaching:

While Cozens was serving his 5 min fighting major, I'm pretty sure neither Benson nor Quinn took a shift. Quinn I get....he wasn't having a good game.

Benson getting only 9:45 of 5v5 time is a fireable offense in and of itself.
I feel like Benson gets shafted a lot when the bench gets shortened and at this point it’s hard to understand why. He’s one of their few forwards with skill who can also play a hard/grindy game

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Almost picked up a couple of tickets for the Sabres - Wings game today but after a long day at the Tigers game and the U18 NTDP game yesterday we skipped it for our nephew's U12 game. It was the right choice.

Reactions: BB79

CrazyWayne

Dec 15, 2018
Granato needs to be let go and nothing made that more clear than a faceoff with about 16 minutes left in the game

The sabres had some sustained pressure and get a shot off, red wings goalie covers it, nice shift nice momentum

Common sense says five games left needing everyone of them in the third period down two, we need goals. Let's throw some offensive punch out there keep the momentum going and get a goal

What do the sabres do, throw out jost Robinson and rousek

This also kills me and happens often. That after a TV time out with a faceoff in the offensive zone the TV comes back from commercial and who do I see on the ice.....the fourth line. Unless there is some rule about line changes after a TV time out that's absolutely inexcusable

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
As an adult if I went to a game I’d actually consider throwing my jersey on the ice. This organization has been ruined for the last decade.

We need a whole front office cleanse.

Hire hockey people and let them do their job. Not a rink manager who played in the NHL. Or a coach with limited NHL experience and 0 playoff experience.

How can players even respect his background?

Reactions: sabremike and BB79

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
a rock would be an improvement over Ralphus

but better than Ralphus should not be the standard we strive to have with a coach

Reactions: BFLO

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Wait…You mean the assistant coach hired by the hockey terrorist soccer coach isn’t any good at coaching hockey either?

*shocked pikachu face *
It wasn't a question of whether he was good, it was which one was worse :laugh:

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
Also was never a soccer "coach", but the truth doesn't matter to some any more.
On reflection, why the hell was Krueger even allowed back in the NHL. His one stint with Edmonton was so mediocre and short. Then he doesn’t do anything for like 8 years until we call him up. It’s just so ridiculous we even interviewed him. No one even knew who he was.

Reactions: sabremike

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Come on now. That the man has reached and exceeded his shelf. That is evident but talking about him being worse than Ralph is ridiculous.
Also was never a soccer "coach", but the truth doesn't matter to some any more.

ef2b4bf4-e3f6-499f-a2b6-2913ac6a45b9_text.gif

I was shitposting you guys. Not being serious. Making glib jokes after a loss like that is the only way I can still cope with being a fan of this black hole of a hockey team.

Kreuger is obviously worse than Granato, as he went on a 12 game winless streak to get himself fired. Give Granato his due, he's only gone on an 8 game winless streak.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad