GDT: Sabres at Lightning 7:00 pm EDT: Dog End of a Season Gone By

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I'm not expecting much. Tampa is locked into WC2. The points change nothing of consequence for either side. Tampa might rest guys this game and dress their starters for the game vs Toronto on Wednesday. Either way, the game is of no consequences to either side. Tampa is just going to want to get out injury free.

The real main event is the end of season pressers later this week

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Perhaps the most disappointing season of the past 13, and that’s saying a lot given the prior 12.

Oh, and f*** off Terry.
So efing disappointed. A definite playoff opportunity totally wasted away.

I'm betting we hear excuses about injuries and other extraneous items that don't obviate the fact that this team played like crap almost the entire season.

Word of observation from Colorado (who is going down in flames to Winnipeg next week) vis a vis Mittlestadt......... Casey simply can't keep up with the speed of his team mates. And his bad habits learned in his Buffalo days .... esp. his tendency to glide and pass... are evident.

This simply serves as an example of how poor the Sabres conditioning is. There are a lot of support folks who need to go in addition to the coaching staff.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Nice to see sabres lock up the 10-11th pick in sabres fashion. Mediocrity.

I guess if they lose tonight and some other teams win(Calgary, Seattle, NJ) its possible they get the 9th.

Last edited:

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Tonight we’re Penguin, Hab, Islander and Capital fans. Because f*** Detroit.
I refuse to waste any energy thinking about what "other" teams should or shouldn't make the playoffs, advance to the cup, etc.

There's no freude in schadenfreude for this Sabres fan. I've lost my love for the schaden.

Reactions: Dingo44

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So is the consensus that we want Penguins to get the last spot

I hate Sid for how great he has been. And yeah, I want the Pens to make it if I have my druthers. I dislike so much of the East because, well, decades of this. But grudging respect for Sid, his clutchness, his dirtiness, his ability to perform? Sure.

The Caps and their dick-kicking, running-guys-from-behind, reformed drunken frat bro dude can stay home. The Wings isn't anything against the team. I have a couple friends who are Wing fans. But here? The insufferability of some of their fanbase is Hab-esque. So that's a no.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Eh, I'll probably root for Detroit over Washington/Penguins. That fanbase deserves a playoff round after having to do a hard reset after decades of prosperity as an organization.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I'm in the "anyone but the Red Wings" camp.......not because I hate them or anything, but because I don't want them making the playoffs before we do.
I kind of want more teams to complete their rebuilds to show what a joke the Sabres are.
Eventually they will run out of excuses.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I kind of want more teams to complete their rebuilds to show what a joke the Sabres are.
Eventually they will run out of excuses.
I was originally rooting against Detroit but my thinking has kind of changed on that recently to be more in line with yours.

If Detroit makes it, maybe it will show Adams that adding to a rebuilding team in the offseason is worthwhile. lol Where as if they miss too, he can say “look, they added all that salary and didn’t do any better than we did”…

I really don’t care who makes the playoffs but I’d be happy for Detriot fans if they did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad